Windows 10: Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

Discus and support Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by colinlwilliams, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when I click on the file it opens in notepad not html. This is a pain as to get round it I have to "open with" if I want to see what it would be like on the live screen.

I want to change the default "open with" but cannot find out where or how to do it. Also I am not sure if I upload the page to the website would it look like an html page or a notepad page.

Can anyone please help?

I am on Windows 10.

many thanks.
    Colin

:)

colinlwilliams, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10

Source: Say "Hello" to Windows Hello on Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

Brink, Dec 1, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 1, 2019
  4. PT
    pt Win User

Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

Newbie here saying hello.

hi, and welcome to the forums *Smile Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question :)
    was about to suggest that mobo, for cpu look for a x2 3600+ brisbanne

Thema:

Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

1. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question - Similar Threads - saying hello question

2. Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in **** D it say I have 6 GB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in **** D it say I have 6 GB...: I go in settings and than I go to storage VIEW STORAGE ON OTHER DIRVES Than I click D drive temporary= 6.25 GB but recycle bin is empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-this-is-my-first-problems-in-my-laptop-that/30e28450-eee8-4068-9de1-427e4c8ea41e
  3. Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in **** D it say I have 6 GB...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in **** D it say I have 6 GB...: I go in settings and than I go to storage VIEW STORAGE ON OTHER DIRVES Than I click D drive temporary= 6.25 GB but recycle bin is empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-this-is-my-first-problems-in-my-laptop-that/30e28450-eee8-4068-9de1-427e4c8ea41e
  4. Hi I am having issues with onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I am having issues with onedrive.: I cannot find the app on my laptop, only the version of it within my files. When I went to install the app, it says I can't because I have a newer version of OneDrive already installed, but when I tried to uninstall OneDrive from my laptop, it says "This file does not have an...
  5. Hi I am having issues with onedrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi I am having issues with onedrive.: I cannot find the app on my laptop, only the version of it within my files. When I went to install the app, it says I can't because I have a newer version of OneDrive already installed, but when I tried to uninstall OneDrive from my laptop, it says "This file does not have an...
  6. Can I have Windows 10 Hello say my name when I am recognized?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I have Windows 10 Hello say my name when I am recognized?: Can I have Windows 10 Hello say my name when I am recognized? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-have-windows-10-hello-say-my-name-when-i-am/feb3d30d-9adf-40be-a95c-022fc57f59ab
  7. Okay so, I have a question on my Mic..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Okay so, I have a question on my Mic..: So, Im trying to talk to my friends in discord, but whenever I talk the Microphones Level keeps adjusting itself.. Im trying to keep it at 53% but it keeps adjusting to 100% and its getting really annoying.. I was wondering if there was a fix for this.. i've tried everything...
  8. Hello, i have a question.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hello, i have a question.: Is there any way to remove the "Activate Windows" for free? Not activate it for free, but just remove the watermark. If there is any way possible please someone tell me. Thanks....
  9. So I have a question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I have a question: I'm stuck on lock screen and when I try resetting it's says there was an error and no changes were made, what should I do? Thanks :) submitted by /u/TheRobotNot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eopo9b/so_i_have_a_question/
  10. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

in Windows 10 Support
    Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question: hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when I click on the file it opens in notepad not html. This is a pain as to get round it I have to "open with" if I want to see...