Windows 10: Hi. i have a problem with my touch pad, whenever i hold on a button, the pad freezes until...

Discus and support Hi. i have a problem with my touch pad, whenever i hold on a button, the pad freezes until... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; for example: when I hold the button "w" my mouse/touch pad freezes until I stop holding that button, this makes it insanely hard for gaming and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by strikegt, Feb 23, 2020.

1. strikegt Win User

Hi. i have a problem with my touch pad, whenever i hold on a button, the pad freezes until...

for example: when I hold the button "w" my mouse/touch pad freezes until I stop holding that button, this makes it insanely hard for gaming and even for just using the pc. please help

:)

strikegt, Feb 23, 2020

2. turn off touch pad

Hi Brian,

You can disable Touch pad from the Device Manager. Make sure that the mouse is already plugged in before disabling the touch pad. To disable Touch pad, follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows logo key + R.
    • Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run command dialog box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry.
    • Select Disable.
    • Hit Yes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Hi. i have a problem with my touch pad, whenever i hold on a button, the pad freezes until...

HP Laptop Touch Pad problem

I updated to 10 and fount that the slider bars on the touch pad don't work. The system doesn't have a mouse which it knows and shows a touch pad there and working but the sliders do not work. That am I doing wrong?

valfitzandrew, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Hi. i have a problem with my touch pad, whenever i hold on a button, the pad freezes until...

1. Hi. i have a problem with my touch pad, whenever i hold on a button, the pad freezes until... - Similar Threads - problem touch pad

2. touch pad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad problem: My touch pad makes things larger or small depending on something I do. I want to turn this irritating feature off! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/cc8f5a00-6f41-4f84-9244-33bbdf405481
  3. How do I disable hold with touch pad?

How do I disable hold with touch pad?: I like the move and click but I wish not to hold and drag unless one of the touchpad buttons is held down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-hold-with-touch-pad/94365875-2c97-47d8-a86a-dd10b1646bd8
  4. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: is it possible to have my touch pad off while my mouse is plugged in on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problems/26c2f102-37a9-4cc1-8fb3-6800547dd711
  5. Touch pad problem

Touch pad problem: don't work properly need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/d41d66d2-f0c5-48a7-a7c6-3b2204570cca
  6. touch pad movement on the buttons

touch pad movement on the buttons: Please fix this issue as it is a Royal pain in the **** when the curser moves off of what you are trying to click on and clicks on unwanted links due to the movement of the curser by the buttons of the touchpad. The buttons should be for clicking on NOT movement of the...
  7. Touch pad buttons

Touch pad buttons: Right & left mouse buttons seem to be inactivated on HP laptop. How do I activate them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-buttons/95f6496d-a368-45b9-96af-4d2e4fc2ee75
  8. touch pad problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad problems: How do I disable Tapping on my Windows 10 Touchpad found the following answer For you to turn off the tap-to-click feature on your Windows 10 touchpad, we recommend trying the steps below: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer...
  9. touch pad problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad problem: My touchpad seems disabled, even though in settings it is on. Small orange light illuminated at top left of touchpad. Only little button works to move curser. Tapping the light once or twice does not turn it off....
  10. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: Unable to enable the touchpad. I tried going to the mouse settings >additional mouse settings but there was no option for touch pad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-pad-problems/e36badf2-931a-469b-93db-b8f8e3a77680