Windows 10: Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer

Discus and support Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI I am asking the same question as this post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffKeo, Aug 30, 2021.

1. JeffKeo Win User

Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer

HI I am asking the same question as this post below:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-remove-a-work-account-which-doesnt-exist/7e1bcb9f-35ee-4267-a36f-1e38ae97acf5I had a work Office 365 account on my computer. I no longer work there. I removed the account from Outlook, thinking that would remove it from everything else, but lately I keep getting Windows reminders about there being a problem with the account. If I go in to Settings > Email & App Accounts the account is there but it wants me to sign in to manage it, which I can't do - it says the a

:)

JeffKeo, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer :(

Zakin, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer

Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists

I have an email account through a university I no longer attend that is included in my list of accounts. I receive constant notifications saying that I need to "update the password" for this account, but I can't because the account no longer exists. I also
    can't delete the account from Windows because when I click "Manage" it sends me to a login page for the nonexistent email. Is there a way to get around this and remove the account from my computer?

ReneeBabin, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer

1. Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer - Similar Threads - issue removing account

2. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  3. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  4. Removing an old no-longer-existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an old no-longer-existing Microsoft account: Inherited a fairly new computer at work. Former user left the company.There is a Microsoft account for the former user in Settings/Email and Accounts. When you click on it and click "Manage" a small windows flashes by very quickly and disappears right away.If I select my...
  5. Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to

Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to: I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up it is a administrator account. The messages were about needing to update the password, but I don't use the account anymore and just wanted to delete it. The problem is that I no longer...
  6. I can't remove my university account that no longer exists.

I can't remove my university account that no longer exists.: Windows notification keeps popping up that one of my accounts requires attention. The problem is that the account no longer exists. It was a university e-mail account but because I haven't attended that school in years they closed it. I can't delete, managr or otherwise...
  7. Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to: Hello, I used to have a Microsoft Office Account through my old job. In order to be able to access it as needed, I had added it as an account on my home PC for when I worked from home. However, I left his job at the beginning of the year, and the company obviously...
  8. Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to

Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to: I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up. The messages were about needing to update the password, but I don't use the account anymore and just wanted to delete it. The problem is that I no longer attend that school. My previous...
  9. Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access appdata folder on an account that no longer exists on my computer. (But I can...: I have access to all of my account, let's call it /absol1, however, I had an old account that was /absol2. I can go into c:/users/absol2 and browse around, but when I try to access the appdata folder (I have files in there I want to access) it says "Windows can't find...
  10. Removing account I no longer have access to

Removing account I no longer have access to: I have a question regarding a work/school email address. I quit my job two days ago. Today, I was trying to remove that account from my Windows 10 mail app. Since my workplace removed my login access before I quit, I am not able to log in to my account to remove the account...