Windows 10: Hi - I have been subjected to a year and a half of almost daily windows 10 updates - I cant...

Discus and support Hi - I have been subjected to a year and a half of almost daily windows 10 updates - I cant... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been the victim of daily or ever other day of window updfates since converting from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10. I am stuck at a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WarrenCarter803, May 1, 2019.

1. Hi - I have been subjected to a year and a half of almost daily windows 10 updates - I cant...

I have been the victim of daily or ever other day of window updfates since converting from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10.

I am stuck at a very formative stage and it tries to up date no matter what. it is stuck at

(KB4093120).

I look forward until windows no longer sends me updates. it is an i7 3400mhz cpu, with a 500 meg samsung ssd, and 4 gig

radeon 460.

It works fine except for the frequent attempts to update.

I have tried modifying "services" " windows update" to turn it off

I have tried wifi - turning the update being held because of a metered line.

Is there anything I could try?

thanks much for any help

Warren

:)

WarrenCarter803, May 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 1, 2019
  3. Microsoft Daily Challenge Sudoku

Hi Mary,

There are many possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenges. It is possible that the app needs an update or an error with the in-game server. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Does the same issue occur on your other apps?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your PC by following the steps on this

link
    . You can also check for new app updates on Windows Store by performing the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, May 1, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Hi - I have been subjected to a year and a half of almost daily windows 10 updates - I cant...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Hi - I have been subjected to a year and a half of almost daily windows 10 updates - I cant... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Hi - I have been subjected to a year and a half of almost daily windows 10 updates - I cant...

1. Hi - I have been subjected to a year and a half of almost daily windows 10 updates - I cant... - Similar Threads - been subjected half

2. Hi ive been having crashes for almost a whole year now don't know the issue could I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi ive been having crashes for almost a whole year now don't know the issue could I...: Hi,For almost a year I've regularly had varying blue screen error codes while using my PC. I've used the SFC, DISM and CHKDSK commands to no avail. I've also ran windows memory diagnostic to test the health of the ram with it passing. I installed WinDbg which pointed to...
  3. Hi ive been having crashes for almost a whole year now don't know the issue could I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi ive been having crashes for almost a whole year now don't know the issue could I...: Hi,For almost a year I've regularly had varying blue screen error codes while using my PC. I've used the SFC, DISM and CHKDSK commands to no avail. I've also ran windows memory diagnostic to test the health of the ram with it passing. I installed WinDbg which pointed to...
  4. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  5. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  6. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Hi there. I run Windows 8.1, and on and off for the past 2 years have been trying to...

Hi there. I run Windows 8.1, and on and off for the past 2 years have been trying to...: Every time I try to install it, it gets 20%-30% of the way through, then fails, returning the same error code every time. “0x8007042B - 0x2000D The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.” I have tried installing straight from...
  8. Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now

Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now: This problem has been driving me absolutely crazy for almost a year now. My PC tells me that support for version 1803 has ran out since like November and wants me to update but my computer refuses to do so and says "Undoing changes made to your computer" in a black screen...
  9. Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709): First post here, been googling for solutions for a long time but gave up until now. Basically I'm on 1709 trying to update to 1903, but I'm getting the "your current driver may be better" error when trying to run update. I've tried changing the download folder via symlink,...
  10. Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years

Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years: Help please I'm on a GE72 Apache Pro. Every time I try to update, everything works can download and install it UNTIL it reboots. It gets stuck on the MSI logo. From there, the only thing I can do is restart the laptop with the power button, which undos the update and brings...