Windows 10: Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether...

Discus and support Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether they're harmful. Second, I have tried to delete some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marwoon1, May 16, 2020.

1. marwoon1 Win User

Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether...

Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether they're harmful. Second, I have tried to delete some of the found files using del [file name], but when I run the dir/a command I still find the file I deleted earlier. I have attached screenshot of the cmd prompt. Highlight line in yellow are suspected file I have no clue of. Please help. Thank you. Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether... 92d7ca00-276b-43bb-a04c-3cab7d3add05?upload=true.jpg

:)

marwoon1, May 16, 2020

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2020
  4. Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether...

HFV Cleaner Pro Hidden Files (File Explorer)

Hi Shaz,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue is fixed.

Method 1:

Try running Windows Defender to check if there is any virus and malware infection that can create this issue again. To do so kindly follow the below given link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

I suggest you to try running SFC scan and DISM tool and check If that resolves your issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether...

1. Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether... - Similar Threads - found hidden file

2. HI, I found a Dism.txt file on my C drive and I wanted to know whether it is safe or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI, I found a Dism.txt file on my C drive and I wanted to know whether it is safe or not: So, when i was going through my c drive, I noticed a file called dism.txt and wanted to know if it was safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-found-a-dismtxt-file-on-my-c-drive-and-i/7085dda7-c028-4248-ac1f-d394ae9681c0
  3. HI, I found a Dism.txt file on my C drive and I wanted to know whether it is safe or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HI, I found a Dism.txt file on my C drive and I wanted to know whether it is safe or not: So, when i was going through my c drive, I noticed a file called dism.txt and wanted to know if it was safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-found-a-dismtxt-file-on-my-c-drive-and-i/7085dda7-c028-4248-ac1f-d394ae9681c0
  4. I want to check whether the copy of Windows on my laptop is original or not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to check whether the copy of Windows on my laptop is original or not.: I want to check whether the copy of Windows on my laptop is original or not.When I typed "slmgr.vbs /dlv" on cmd this window appeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-check-whether-the-copy-of-windows-on-my/b1a3c5ef-e302-4ffc-a926-f7350e98fcc4
  5. I want to check whether the copy of Windows on my laptop is original or not.

I want to check whether the copy of Windows on my laptop is original or not.: I want to check whether the copy of Windows on my laptop is original or not.When I typed "slmgr.vbs /dlv" on cmd this window appeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-check-whether-the-copy-of-windows-on-my/b1a3c5ef-e302-4ffc-a926-f7350e98fcc4
  6. Hi my Window10 is displaying a system not found on startup! I have checked my bios no hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my Window10 is displaying a system not found on startup! I have checked my bios no hard...: Hi, my C hard drive has failed on my Desktop computer I have a new SATA hard drive to install however I don’t have a usb or disk to insert and reinstall Windows 10. Can you please assist me to reinstall my OS. Thankyou...
  7. Hi my Window10 is displaying a system not found on startup! I have checked my bios no hard...

Hi my Window10 is displaying a system not found on startup! I have checked my bios no hard...: Hi, my C hard drive has failed on my Desktop computer I have a new SATA hard drive to install however I don’t have a usb or disk to insert and reinstall Windows 10. Can you please assist me to reinstall my OS. Thankyou...
  8. Hi my Window10 is displaying a system not found on startup! I have checked my bios no hard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I Have Some Windows Dump Files And Want Them To Be Checked By The Developers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Have Some Windows Dump Files And Want Them To Be Checked By The Developers: I have some Windows dump files and don't know where to share. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-some-windows-dump-files-and-want-them-to-be/dc3ded35-448e-4b24-b974-4dd5d293c275
  10. I Have Some Windows Dump Files And Want Them To Be Checked By The Developers

I Have Some Windows Dump Files And Want Them To Be Checked By The Developers: I have some Windows dump files and don't know where to share. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-some-windows-dump-files-and-want-them-to-be/dc3ded35-448e-4b24-b974-4dd5d293c275