Windows 10: Hi, I just reinstalled 10 pro fresh install, what about password?

Discus and support Hi, I just reinstalled 10 pro fresh install, what about password? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It is completely installed and working latest OS version using media creation tool. It insisted on a PIN, never gave an option for a password. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sdowney717, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hi, I just reinstalled 10 pro fresh install, what about password?

It is completely installed and working latest OS version using media creation tool.
    It insisted on a PIN, never gave an option for a password.
    I then setup a network share, and it shares fine, does not ask for credentials.

But what is my password? Is it still the same as before? I am NOT talking about my Microsoft account online password.
    I am talking about the local account user password used when open a network share to this PC if I turn on password protected sharing.

:)

sdowney717, Dec 3, 2020

2. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Hi, I just reinstalled 10 pro fresh install, what about password?

Delta6326, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Hi, I just reinstalled 10 pro fresh install, what about password?

1. Hi, I just reinstalled 10 pro fresh install, what about password? - Similar Threads - reinstalled pro fresh

2. Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...: I've a similar question but that has already been asked but in the past but since the introduction of TPM2.0 in Windows 11 and Passkeys. I'd like to ask it again.My motherboard ASUS PRIME B365M-A has died recently and I'm switching to MSI B365M PRO-VHD. Besides motherboard...
  3. Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...: I've a similar question but that has already been asked but in the past but since the introduction of TPM2.0 in Windows 11 and Passkeys. I'd like to ask it again.My motherboard ASUS PRIME B365M-A has died recently and I'm switching to MSI B365M PRO-VHD. Besides motherboard...
  4. Fresh Windows Install just not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows Install just not working: Couple of days ago I got a new SSD that I was planning on moving my windows install to act as a primary boot drive. Initially everything seemed to go well except for Corsair iCUE which was oddly not working. In trying everything to fix the issue, things inadvertently got...
  5. WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS: 1st critical problem is: What the hell has MS done to Windows now... Everything was ok, 2 days ago, just before I did a complete wipe and reinstall of W10 x64 off my USB, the same way I have always done it. I could install things as I wanted... After the new/fresh install...
  6. Just reinstalled a fresh windows install. Something seems very off and a question about...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just reinstalled a fresh windows install. Something seems very off and a question about...: Hi there, So I basically re-installed windows and now I have a very weird problem. For whatever reason, most of my apps never seem to save. On restart, it seems to clear the save like it never happened. Did Microsoft add some new feature that you had to whitelist...
  7. I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MYAltAcCcCcount [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fupygw/i_just_installed_win_10_pro_on_this_laptop_whats/
  8. Hi, I just installed Windows 10 - a few questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Hi, I just installed Windows 10 - a few questions: Hi everyone, I just installed Windows 10 last night. Would someone point me to an article that explains some procedures to do after a fresh install? Over on sevenforums, there was a page that talked about antivirus and stuff like that, to do after a clean install. Any...
  9. fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, what is the best free antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, what is the best free antivirus: I just rebuilt a Lenovo Edge laptop and installed Windows 10 pro on it, it is using the windows defender security but wondering what the best free antivirus is for windows 10 pro since I do not want to have issues with it and also do not want to have to reinstall the os due...
  10. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro: I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My question is: If I were do perform that upgrade, and later on in the future I have to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, will I be...