Windows 10: Hi I need help, when I open my file Explorer it runs on the task bar and I can't open it....

Discus and support Hi I need help, when I open my file Explorer it runs on the task bar and I can't open it.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ? submitted by /u/Alone_R [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o5hlpo/hi_i_need_help_when_i_open_my_file_explorer_it/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alone_R, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Hi I need help, when I open my file Explorer it runs on the task bar and I can't open it....

/u/Alone_R, Jun 22, 2021
  2. HDVIDTech Win User

Explorer Opens slow

I have tried the steps listed below. Method 2 and pinned it to the task bar. This helps it open faster but when it opens then the open window are grouped away from the icon on the task bar. I have to have two explorer folders pinned to the task bar to
    have a fast opening Explorer and grouped windows together.

When I do "open file location" the original one shows it is on the desktop, but it is not there. The other one I created tracks back to the C:\ drive location as it was created. Just kind of weird that one is referencing the Desktop when it is not there.
    Maybe hidden but still kind of odd.

How can I make it where I only have one Explorer that is both fast to open and the only one on the task bar?

Method 1: Rebuild your search index.

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • From the Advanced dialogue box, select Rebuild. Selecting Rebuild will begin the process of deleting, and then rebuilding your PC’s search index.

Note: While the steps to initiate the rebuilding process are simple, the actual process can take quite some time depending on how much data Windows has to index.

Method 2: Create a File Explorer shortcut on your desktop.

• On your Windows 10 desktop, right-click with the mouse.
    • Select New > Shortcut.
    • Type explorer.exe in the Location box.
    • Click on Next button.
    • Click on Finish button. You should now have a shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click the new shortcut, and select Properties.
    • Under Target line, change it to (note the space between C:\Windows\explorer.exe and /n):

C:\Windows\explorer.exe /n
    • Click the OK button. Now you can double-click it like your regular File Explorer app.

Method 3: Reset the File Explorer view to the default settings across all your folders.

• Launch File Explorer, click the File menu, and select Change folder and search options.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Under Folder views, click on Reset Folders.
    • Click the OK button.

Let us know if any of the suggestions helped.

HDVIDTech, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows icon in task bar won't open and my action center icon wont open on Windows.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

In Windows 10 EDGE is the primary browser, you can also use the Internet explorer.

To pin internet explorer to taskbar follow the steps.

Open Microsoft Edge

• Click on this icon “” at the right corner of the Edge at the top.

• Select open Internet Explorer.

• Right Click on Internet Explorer in taskbar bar.

• Click on Pin this program from taskbar.
    For windows icon issue please follow the steps.

• Right click on taskbar and Select task manager

• Find windows Explorer right click on it.

• Click on End task don’t close the
      task manager, please stay on that page.

• Click on file and select
      Run new task

• Type “explorer.exe”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Hi I need help, when I open my file Explorer it runs on the task bar and I can't open it....

Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Welcome to TenForums @clsven

First, pin File Explorer to the task bar. You can then click and drag a folder (such as Videos) and drop it on the File Explorer icon to pin it to File Explorer. The list of pinned folders can be accessed by right-clicking on the File Explorer icon. Select a folder from the list and you will open File Explorer at that folder. This is the same list of pinned folders that you will see in File Explorer's Quick Access.

Hi I need help, when I open my file Explorer it runs on the task bar and I can't open it.... [​IMG]

Thema:

Hi I need help, when I open my file Explorer it runs on the task bar and I can't open it....

1. Hi I need help, when I open my file Explorer it runs on the task bar and I can't open it.... - Similar Threads - need help open

2. I can't open folders on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open folders on file explorer: When I try to open a folder other than this pc, my file explorer crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-folders-on-file-explorer/59587318-5792-461e-8699-f6fc90209d0e
  3. I can't open folders on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open folders on file explorer: When I try to open a folder other than this pc, my file explorer crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-folders-on-file-explorer/59587318-5792-461e-8699-f6fc90209d0e
  4. hi. i need some help with how i open my files on a hardrive as i forgot my password and it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hi. i need some help with how i open my files on a hardrive as i forgot my password and it...: i need some help with unlocking my usb but i forgot my pass and i cant change it as it wont let me. what can i do as i have already tried what it told me ????????????*Moved from Office insider....
  5. I need help my File Explorer opening while typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help my File Explorer opening while typing: My keyboard is causing File Explorer to open constantly when typing and even shaking it. I wanted help on this. Is it possible to block File Explorer from opening by keys? So my problem is solved until I get a new keyboard....
  6. i can't open Settings and if i open file explorer it crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't open Settings and if i open file explorer it crash: i can't open Settings and if i open file explorer it crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-settings-and-if-i-open-file-explorer/3113dcfe-33d1-42d0-ab8f-0dca9377e2c8
  7. i can't open Settings and if i open file explorer it crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't open Settings and if i open file explorer it crash: i can't open Settings and if i open file explorer it crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-settings-and-if-i-open-file-explorer/3113dcfe-33d1-42d0-ab8f-0dca9377e2c8
  8. I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help: [IMG] submitted by /u/puffinmain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioiqa6/i_cant_get_to_open_the_config_the_task_bar_or_the/
  9. Run a task when i open an app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run a task when i open an app: Hi I wanted to run a task when i open an app and end it when i close it Here is a task made my friend This start a app when another is started https://superuser.com/questions/745318/how-to-start-a-program-when-another-one-is-started I wanted to incorperate this task...
  10. Why can't I open the file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I open the file explorer?: I cannot open the file explorer. Whenever I click it, the screen just blinks then goes back to the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-the-file-explorer/ba99c094-eb8a-4ac4-a22d-cde159e6d768"