Windows 10: Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive

Discus and support Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have mapped a drive N:\ to the NAS I have tried robocopy c:\*.pst N:\ /s but there is a syntax error. Appreciate any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob theBuilder1, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive

I have mapped a drive N:\ to the NAS

I have tried robocopy c:\*.pst N:\ /s but there is a syntax error.

Appreciate any help

:)

Bob theBuilder1, Jul 13, 2020

2. Copy NTFS permissions to a NAS with Robocopy

Hello,

I'm actually using Robocopy to copy a "home" folder with NTFS permissions to a NAS Synology. All theses equipment are on the domain, that will be named XXXXX in this post.

The permissions on the "home" folder are explicit, and not inherited from the parent folder. Also note that the SYNOLOGY NAS have the Windows Permissions activated.

The goal is to create a backup of this "home" folder to the NAS with the permissions.

Here is the Robocopy script that i'm using :

------------

set rep_log=C:\Script\log

set rep_sync_DATA=\\SRV1\e$\home\

set rep_sync_NAS=\\NAS-SYNOLOGY01\test01\backup\home\

robocopy %rep_sync_DATA% %rep_sync_NAS% /MIR /SEC /ZB /NP /XF thumbs.db /R:2 /W:5 /log:%rep_log%\Synchronisation_backup_nas.txt

-----------

The Robocopy script works well, and the files are well copied. EXCEPT one. On my "home" source folder, we can find on the permission list the XXXXXX\Administrators group. (explicit permission)

But, unfortunately, once the folder is copied to the NAS, it change the XXXXX\Administrators group to NAS-SYSNOLOG01\Administrators. This folder take the local domain of the NAS instead of my AD domain.

Please note that this "domain change" is only applied to this group, and the others lambda groups are not impacted by this strange change. (example XXXXXX\Sales group on source folder will be copied as XXXXXX\Sales to the destination)

The same script works perfectly if the destination is a USB HDD for example. It only happens if I want to copy to the NAS.

Any idea to fix this issue ? I faced this issue twice, with SYNOLOGY and with NETAPP technology. Whatever soft I tried to copy (robocopy or others), the result is the same...

Thanks for your potential help Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive :)

Sébastien

Sébastien_980, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Transferring Outlook 2013 accounts, files, .pst, etc to new computer

Thanks for the help

Sorry to be so slow, but I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out what to do when I read various articles. What I need is clear, step-by-step instructions.

This is what i have done so far:
    --I have backed up all .pst files from my old installation of Outlook 2013 onto an external hard drive.
    --Then I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10.
    --Now I am trying to re-set up my email accounts in Outlook 2013 on my new computer.
    --What i did was to copy my saved .pst files and pasted them into the Outlook data folder upgraded Win 10 computer.
    --When I opened Outlook 2013, nothing appeared in the inbox.
    --So I went into account settings and then into data files and clicked on add and then was able to, one-by-one, add my .pst files to the list.
    --Then when I went back to the inbox, i saw all my emails and accounts. But even though all my emails are visible, I cannot receive or send emails because the actual accounts have not been set up yet. I had thought that importing the .pst files would have automatically set up the accounts, but that is not true.

Question #1: Do I need to manually re-set up the accounts?
    Question #2: When I do this, will the accounts automatically connect to the .pst files?
    Question #3: And did I do this in the correct order? Or should I have manually set up the accounts first so that .pst files would have been established in the Outlook data folder, and then closed Outlook and replaced the newly created .pst files with the .pst files that I have saved from the external hard drive?

I hope this makes sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind -- I resolved the issue.

NeedUpgradeHelp, Jul 13, 2020
  4. sparvy Win User

Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive

PC Suite - .PST synchronization

Hi all,

I've got a problem with PST sync and need assistance.

Nokia 6233 (with latest firmware thx to Nokia Software Updater)

PC Suite 6.85.14.1

Windows XP Sp2

Office 2007 (with Exchange 2003)

USB cable

Outlook is configured to open my exchange mailbox but use a PST file as default destination (c:\outlook\mypst.pst).

When configuring PC Sync I get multiple problems :

my mailbox listed twice,

public folders listed twice,

PST file not listed !

Whatever folder I select then I end up with message "you have not selected all the required folders for this synchronisation".

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Seb

sparvy, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive

1. Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive - Similar Threads - need Robocopy copy

2. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  3. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  4. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. robocopy to nas mss

robocopy to nas mss: Windows 10 Pro in workgroupam trying to run cmd line to move filesGet system error 58 has occurredwhat is correct way to also add password for share?net use r: \\192.168.1.111\files /user:192.168.1.111\adminafter have R:, would like to run robocopy to move files from R: to S:...
  6. robocopy to nas mss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy to nas mss: Windows 10 Pro in workgroupam trying to run cmd line to move filesGet system error 58 has occurredwhat is correct way to also add password for share?net use r: \\192.168.1.111\files /user:192.168.1.111\adminafter have R:, would like to run robocopy to move files from R: to S:...
  7. robocopy to nas mss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Robocopy not copying newer file

Robocopy not copying newer file: I have a file in a OneDrive folder named bernie3_journal.txt. It has today's date which is 10/7. I'm trying to use robocopy to copy the file to my son's OneDrive folder as shown below. The bernie3_journal.txt file in my son's OneDrive folder has a date stamp of 8/5. I've...
  9. hi all, win 10 problem with copy paste

hi all, win 10 problem with copy paste: hi all, win 10 problem with copy paste from folder to folder after past in other folder, this folder disappear and nothing copied. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-all-win-10-problem-with-copy-paste/403d4eeb-0863-4e9c-a8c2-548594a20858
  10. Error Copying PST File from DVD

Error Copying PST File from DVD: Hello, I have recently got a new work email account, and wanted to import all my old emails. I knew that I would no longer have access to my old account files and emails, so I exported everything I needed from Outlook into a PST File and copped it to a DVD+R DL. However,...