Windows 10: Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...

Discus and support Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is no skip button and it won’t let me go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Momingms, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Momingms Win User

Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...

There is no skip button and it won’t let me go back

:)

Momingms, Jan 7, 2023
  2. Chiblood6 Win User

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:

"If you need to remove an account from your PC:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .
    2. Select the account you wish to remove, then select Disconnect

...."
    However, the only option presented at this section is "Manage" which forwards me to my organization's page to login. The account has since been deactivated with no way to get to the next step.
    I have been getting notifications from my system that "There is a problem with a work or school account click her to fix now" but obviously can't login to remove the account from the system.
    Is there a work around to remove the account without logging in?

Chiblood6, Jan 7, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 7, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...

Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

Hi wiz0213

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the Settings App.

Go to Accounts.

Select Your Info, is the School Account Email listed there?

Select Emails and Accounts, is the School Account Email listed there?

Select Access Work or School, is the School Account Email listed there?

DaveM121, Jan 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school... - Similar Threads - reset add account

2. What will happen if i add my school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen if i add my school account: If I add my school email account to my personal laptop will my school be able to control my entire laptop or just the account I link the email to....
  3. What will happen if i add my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen if i add my school account: If I add my school email account to my personal laptop will my school be able to control my entire laptop or just the account I link the email to....
  4. Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I reset windows but when I have to add my account it says I need a work or school...: There is no skip button and it won’t let me go back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-reset-windows-but-when-i-have-to-add-my/027fbe39-2716-433c-b9f8-0750078c6629
  5. Why can't I add my school account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can't I add my school account: It used to work perfectly. My university provides me with Microsoft 365 for free because I am a student. My free McAfee anti-virus which came with my laptop recently expired, and I checked Windows Defender, which revealed that I had no anti-virus protection. When I tried to...
  6. Why can't I add my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I add my school account: It used to work perfectly. My university provides me with Microsoft 365 for free because I am a student. My free McAfee anti-virus which came with my laptop recently expired, and I checked Windows Defender, which revealed that I had no anti-virus protection. When I tried to...
  7. Why can't I add my school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows thinks I have a work or school account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows thinks I have a work or school account: When I try to remove my pin as a sign in option, it tells me that my organization doesn't allow a pin and to click to fix. Then it asks me to log in to my account, but won't let me -- it tells me I need to log in with a work or school account. This is my personal computer,...
  9. I want to add a work or school account as a separate windows user but I don't have the option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to add a work or school account as a separate windows user but I don't have the option: Hi, I would like to separate my personal and work account. I have my personal account set up. I want to add my work or school account as separate windows. On this page:...
  10. can't install because it says I need a school or work account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't install because it says I need a school or work account: Hello, I recently had to send my computer to get repaired, I wiped it clean as suggested by the manufacture, I backed it up and everything. I had previously been using windows terminal preview as my terminal. I got it back and went to install it, it is not letting me saying...