Windows 10: Hi, I'm Cortana

Discus and support Hi, I'm Cortana in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What a raucous noise. Microsoft to silence Cortana during Windows 10 setup - The Verge Win 10 pro will in the future have Cortana silenced at setup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sdowney717, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Hi, I'm Cortana

sdowney717, Jan 4, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Ian Sal Win User

Hi, I'm Cortana

Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Hi, I'm Cortana

1. Hi, I'm Cortana - Similar Threads - I'm Cortana

2. Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...

in Cortana
    Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...: Damn. This is sloppy, MS. Brand new install of Windows 11. Thought I'd give Cortanaq another spin. Setup is fine: It can tell me the time, date and weather. Anything else I get a variation of "Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one."Seriously: "Cortana, set an alarm for...
  3. Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...: Damn. This is sloppy, MS. Brand new install of Windows 11. Thought I'd give Cortanaq another spin. Setup is fine: It can tell me the time, date and weather. Anything else I get a variation of "Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one."Seriously: "Cortana, set an alarm for...
  4. Cortana on fresh Windows 11 install can hardly do anything: "Sorry, I'm not able to help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."

in Cortana
    Cortana says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.": Hi people, Can someone help me playing spotify songs through cortana? I use the cortana app from the Microsoft Store, and when I try to play a song it says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." I thought I can solve it from this tab but the I get this error. Anyone...
  6. cortana say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.

in Cortana
    cortana say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.: my windows version is 20H2 and i have updated latest version of cortana but it say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.please say how i fix it andthere are no notebook on cortana....
  7. I'm still getting daily reminders from Cortana even after removing the task from the To Do...

in Cortana
    I'm still getting daily reminders from Cortana even after removing the task from the To Do...: I created a couple of daily reminders with Cortana in a previous version of Windows before they reassigned reminders to the To Do app and I can't figure out how to stop it. I've removed the reminders from the To Do app but I still get reminder notifications from Cortana every...
  8. Cortana reply's with "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that." to set alarm and other common...

in Cortana
    Cortana reply's with "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that." to set alarm and other common...: Hello, I'm using Cortana on my laptop for a long time to set alarms and reminders but today after updating my windows I lost the ability to do that. I can still set alarms on my pc which is also running the latest update with the latest version of Cortana. I don't know why...
  9. Cortana says "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a little bit" even when action...

in Cortana
    Cortana says "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a little bit" even when action...: I use Cortana often for making alarms. Lately, when I ask for an alarm to be set, Cortana does it, but the error message "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a little bit" appears, instead of a confirmation of the alarm being made. It's not anything serious, since...
  10. Cortana not working "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." after Windows update 20H2

in Cortana
    Cortana not working "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." after Windows update 20H2: Hi, I just updated my windows and Cortana doesn't work. I can't set reminders, open spotify etc. "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." At the beginning she was totally not working, but I manage to change that. "Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English United Kingdom...