Windows 10: Hi my files is eating up all of my disk space can someone help

Discus and support Hi my files is eating up all of my disk space can someone help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I have been noticing my computer is running out of storage for some reason and I don't know why iI deleted temp files and turned on the storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IsiahV, Jan 9, 2021.

1. IsiahV Win User

Hi my files is eating up all of my disk space can someone help

Hi my files is eating up all of my disk space can someone help a1b3fd5c-5f88-485e-bd1c-f2151edc7304?upload=true.jpg I have been noticing my computer is running out of storage for some reason and I don't know why iI deleted temp files and turned on the storage sence and deleted recycle bin files and did a disk cleanup and my files been the biggest issue here someone help

:)

IsiahV, Jan 9, 2021

2. Disk Space

Your first step must be to find out what is eating your disk space. e.g. with this tool: TreeSize Free | JAM Software

Frederik Long, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Hi my files is eating up all of my disk space can someone help

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Hi my files is eating up all of my disk space can someone help

1. Hi my files is eating up all of my disk space can someone help - Similar Threads - files eating disk

2. Laptop is eating up all my storage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is eating up all my storage.: *THIS IS NOT A VIRUS. I HAVE USED MULTIPLE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARES AND NONE HAVE FLAGGED ANYTHING UP.*A few weeks ago, I decided to uninstall Sims 4 because it was about 22gb's and I needed space in my trash bag that is a dell laptop. Fast forward to now, I only have 3 out of the...
  3. can someone help me clear up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can someone help me clear up space on my C Drive?: My C drive has 21.2 GB free of 237 GB and it is causing my Minecraft Launcher to fail to launch. I have followed every method I could find to clear up space and none have worked. I know I need to go through the files and see which is taking up space and delete them but I am...
  4. can someone help me clear up space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me clear up space on my C Drive?: My C drive has 21.2 GB free of 237 GB and it is causing my Minecraft Launcher to fail to launch. I have followed every method I could find to clear up space and none have worked. I know I need to go through the files and see which is taking up space and delete them but I am...
  5. can someone help me clear up space on my C Drive?

6. Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!: Having this issue AGAIN. Had 417 GB free, now it's to the point where it fluctuates between 414 and 413 GB. At first I thought it was because I have Steam on my computer, but I can't think of any reason for it to cause me to be continuously losing space like I have been. I...
  7. Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!: Having this issue AGAIN. Had 417 GB free, now it's to the point where it fluctuates between 414 and 413 GB. At first I thought it was because I have Steam on my computer, but I can't think of any reason for it to cause me to be continuously losing space like I have been. I...
  8. Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!

9. Hi everyone, can someone help me with a disk problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi everyone, can someone help me with a disk problem: [ATTACH] I have a 120 GB SSD (:C) which is for booting the OS. And a 700GB HDD (:F &:G) for games and documents, etc. Not so long ago, I formatted my computer because of a blue screen/can't login problem. Everything went well but a new partition in my HDD has shown up...
  10. Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my computer eating up all my RAM, CPU, and Disk?: So I recently bought a new laptop, installed Avast Antivirus as well as MS Edge Dev. Now, I've noticed my computer is running significantly slower. I fire up the task manager and see this: [ATTACH] I took this picture with only two apps running, but before it went to 40%...