Windows 10: Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

Discus and support Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muffin Man1, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many different times, it always came out with the outcome of it only reaching 15% and then returning to the menu asking me to reset the pc as it could not perform the action. I can't find anything else online that could help me besides wiping the hard drive with another pc.

:)

Muffin Man1, Apr 18, 2024
  2. bazyeo Win User

Water Damage Indicator

You will find phone repair companies cite water damage as a way of getting out of repairing the phone under warranty. Here in Australia the telecom repair industry has been warned about using "water damage" as a means of getting out of their obligations.
    I do not know what country you are in but would suggest you take this up with the Consumer Affairs authority in your country.

bazyeo, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Anitrex Win User
    Water Damage Indicator

Its a "Rectangular White Sticker" located below your battery.

Its changes its colour depending on the water damage.

White-Little to No Water Damage

Pink-Moderate Water Damage

Red-Heavy Water Damage

Hope This Helps!!

Anitrex, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

water damage

Hi mccoy 1, thanks for replying. I did try and discuss the problem with the Nokia care point who had sent the phone off for me but was referred to a piece of paper they gave me with a tick in the box for water damage and a blurry pic of the "damage" that
    could have been anything. Basically I was being told that if the piece of paper said it was water damaged then it was, regardless of the fact that the phone has not been exposed to water.

I then spoke to Orange who were a great deal more helpful and told me about the two indicators on the phone that turn red if it is water damaged, both were still white on my phone.

An extremely frustrating call to Nokia customer services followed, after a lot of struggling to make myself understood I now have a reference number and a "promise" that someone will call me back within the next 5 working days.

Will have to wait and see what happens

fluxxxxcat, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

1. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i... - Similar Threads - recently went through

2. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  3. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  4. I had water damage on my PC but a software update fixed it?

I had water damage on my PC but a software update fixed it?: I'm posting this here because I'm confused about how I fixed my PC. I had water damage on my PC making the trackpad and keyboard lose functionality. I let it sit for a couple of weeks kinda forgot about it and pulled it back out. The keyboard and trackpad were still not...
  5. I had water damage on my PC but a software update fixed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had water damage on my PC but a software update fixed it?: I'm posting this here because I'm confused about how I fixed my PC. I had water damage on my PC making the trackpad and keyboard lose functionality. I let it sit for a couple of weeks kinda forgot about it and pulled it back out. The keyboard and trackpad were still not...
  6. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  7. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  8. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 10 went through first start up again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 went through first start up again: Hey guys I went through a bunch of long weeks at work and I left my PC off for about 5 weeks. When I turned it on today it went through first start up again. Is this normal behavior of windows after being inactive for such a long time? Is there other reasons for this that you...
  10. Water damage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Water damage: So not really a Microsoft Surface or anything, but it is a Windows 10 laptop so I'm hoping I could get some help here. Last night when I was not around my (open) laptop, my water bottle had tipped over all over my keyboard. I found out a few mins after, during which my...