Windows 10: hi. my windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of the screen is not opening. it shows an...

Discus and support hi. my windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of the screen is not opening. it shows an... in Cortana to solve the problem; hi. windows icon in bottom left hand corner of screen not working. search bar either. im on windows 10... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RadDog Howler, Mar 26, 2020.

1. hi. my windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of the screen is not opening. it shows an...

hi. windows icon in bottom left hand corner of screen not working. search bar either. im on windows 10

:)

RadDog Howler, Mar 26, 2020

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Martinz Win User
    Tray Ballon showing up on top left corner of screen

Hi,
    I enabled tray balloon on my Windows 10 but it is showing up on the top left corner of the screen.

hi. my windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of the screen is not opening. it shows an... [​IMG]

How do I fix that?

Martinz, Mar 26, 2020
  4. link626 Win User

hi. my windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of the screen is not opening. it shows an...

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod.

after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate.

Also, when I start typing words to search for apps, the search menu opens full screen.

My start menu is corrupted. How do I restore it? Event viewer suggested my .dat file is corrupted.

Even creating brand new user, the start menu still opens in the upper left corner (while the start button is in the lower left corner), and the menu is not clickable for the new user.

link626, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

hi. my windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of the screen is not opening. it shows an...

1. hi. my windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of the screen is not opening. it shows an... - Similar Threads - icon bottom left

2. How to remove bottom left corner screen notifications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove bottom left corner screen notifications?: Hello, I keep getting these black notifications on the bottom left of my screen, its always a "wait for some website" and sometimes its "establishing safe connection", I thought it was from google chrome so I deleted that and used microsoft edge but it still happenedalso the...
  3. How to remove bottom left corner screen notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bottom left corner screen notifications?: Hello, I keep getting these black notifications on the bottom left of my screen, its always a "wait for some website" and sometimes its "establishing safe connection", I thought it was from google chrome so I deleted that and used microsoft edge but it still happenedalso the...
  4. What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??: Does anyone know where these small brown box icons came from and what they mean?? I suddenly have these little brown icons looks like a small file box on most of my files, Word, pdf, photos, etc. I've googled the daylights out of this and apparently lots of folks have the...
  5. What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??: Does anyone know where these small brown box icons came from and what they mean?? I suddenly have these little brown icons looks like a small file box on most of my files, Word, pdf, photos, etc. I've googled the daylights out of this and apparently lots of folks have the...
  6. Icon on right bottom corner on my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Icon on right bottom corner on my screen: [ATTACH] I have started noticing this icon on right hand corner of many windows what is it? is it a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-right-bottom-corner-on-my-screen/5caf9ccd-ea8a-49c6-9eb3-4d6fc8b4691f
  7. taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner: Need help with taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner 164753
  8. A clear rectangle show on the bottom left corner of my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    A clear rectangle show on the bottom left corner of my monitor: I need help with this issue I see a rectangle that is transparent, it is located in the bottom left corner of my screen i can see when im in user selection, i see in the desktop, i even see it when i'm playing games. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. "Checkbox" on the left bottom corner on almost each app icon

"Checkbox" on the left bottom corner on almost each app icon: So yeah, I want to know is there any way to remove those checkboxes away form app icon? to make my desktop look cleaner? Here is what i am talking about: [ATTACH]...
  10. Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon

Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon: I'm wondering what the blue arrows mean on my file icon. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-the-bottom-left-corner-of-file-icon/33a9c073-e1b9-448f-ab34-5fdc825e6c54