Windows 10: Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit?...

Discus and support Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit?... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit? Please help. Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JasonLatina, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit?...

Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit? Please help.

Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit? Please help.

:)

JasonLatina, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 11, 2019
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Format question

I want to format my HD before putting stuff back on it and i have a question. I want to perform a full format not quick when i go to Computer Management in the Control Panel and right click on the drive and select format i'll be getting a full format right? Also what is allocation unit size, should i leave that at default?

4. Wile E Win User

Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit?...

Quick format or normal format?

I have a 500GB drive in my iMac, to format 250GB for boot camp and Windows took around 45min. I tried quick format first, but it didn't work. So, yes, I feel your pain. lol

Wile E, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit?...

1. Hi Team, I have a quick question. Does windows activation format the drives of the unit?... - Similar Threads - Team quick question

2. I have a question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a question: I am a gamer,in the game i have my own sensitivity settings,and i use windows 7.If i want to use Windows 10,i can apply the same sensitivity in game settings,but what about mouse dpi,in windows 7 its not a anumerical setting,but low-medium-high (Something like that). How do i...
  3. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question: hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when I click on the file it opens in notepad not html. This is a pain as to get round it I have to "open with" if I want to see...
  4. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

in Windows 10 Support
    Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question: hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when I click on the file it opens in notepad not html. This is a pain as to get round it I have to "open with" if I want to see...
  5. I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.: Hello there. I have a digital Windows 10 license. Before the format, I had an original Windows. When I installed Windows again, I thought it would match and activate my Microsoft account, but it didn't. I click "Troubleshoot" and "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware...
  6. Difference between Format and quick format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference between Format and quick format: Question: Does selecting format, not Quick Format, write over the drive with some algorithms or just the FAT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-format-and-quick-format/6de9cae2-54e1-4556-9a96-499db743641a
  7. Hi, I just installed Windows 10 - a few questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Hi, I just installed Windows 10 - a few questions: Hi everyone, I just installed Windows 10 last night. Would someone point me to an article that explains some procedures to do after a fresh install? Over on sevenforums, there was a page that talked about antivirus and stuff like that, to do after a clean install. Any...
  8. A quick question about windows 10 activation and windows accounts.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A quick question about windows 10 activation and windows accounts.: I am building a custom computer. If I install windows 10 from a usb using the iso tool, and I already own windows `10 on an old computer. could I use my Microsoft account to activate the new version or do i need to buy windows 10 again...
  9. Quick question..

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick question..: It seems for some reason that I can't expand the start menu horizontally. Vertical is fine but it's not moving in the horizontal direction past one column. Here's how I set it up: 1 Upgraded Win8.1 to 10240 with an ISO 2 Tried to add/mod the start menu and it just will...
  10. Quick Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Question: I have a strange question, however, I feel that this might help me from losing my mind. Does anyone on this forum live near New Orleans (north or south shore), Louisiana? I need some help fixing issues on my laptop. Thank you for your time! 72746