Windows 10: Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.

Discus and support Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i click a subfoler, e.g Desktop, Downloads, Documents in Windows Tools App, it breaks file explorer. This was on 22H2. The file explorer has tabs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FredCalvo, Nov 27, 2022.

1. FredCalvo Win User

Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.

When i click a subfoler, e.g Desktop, Downloads, Documents in Windows Tools App, it breaks file explorer. This was on 22H2. The file explorer has tabs in it.

:)

FredCalvo, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer. :p

Frick, Nov 27, 2022
  4. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Tools Breaking File

2. Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.: When i click a subfoler, e.g Desktop, Downloads, Documents in Windows Tools App, it breaks file explorer. This was on 22H2. The file explorer has tabs in it....
  3. Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, Windows Tools is Breaking File Explorer.: When i click a subfoler, e.g Desktop, Downloads, Documents in Windows Tools App, it breaks file explorer. This was on 22H2. The file explorer has tabs in it....
  4. KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer: After KB2565063 is installed, File Explorer will no longer work.After opening File Explorer it just hangs, like it is searching for drives and their contents.I do not have any other drives plugged in besides the C:\ drive.No other peripheral devices are plugged in. It's a...
  5. KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB2565063 Breaks File Explorer: After KB2565063 is installed, File Explorer will no longer work.After opening File Explorer it just hangs, like it is searching for drives and their contents.I do not have any other drives plugged in beside the C:\ drive.No other peripheral devices are plugged in. It's a...
  6. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  7. Saving a file breaks thumbnails and messes up file explorer

Saving a file breaks thumbnails and messes up file explorer: When I save a file from any browser to anywhere but the default download location it will sometimes freeze while attempting to open a window asking me where to save. It also breaks thumbnails for some reason. I'm forced to close my browser and either log out or restart it...
  8. File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs: Hi all - quick straw poll to anyone that is able to test this on your own environment. I have a number of users complaining about a "new behavior" on windows 10 that is causing frustration. Specifically, with the preview window enabled on windows explorer, they find (and i...
  9. Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer

Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer: Since the Windows 10 v1909 update, this PC (see link for config) has been having the following File Explorer issues: Thumbnails not loading: [ATTACH] File Explorer starting with only Quick Access, This PC, and Libraries in the left shortcut pane, with the main pane saying...
  10. How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window?: How can i get Search tools ribbon to show on File Explorer?? 92190