Windows 10: Hi World...New member with a bios problem!

Discus and support Hi World...New member with a bios problem! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am a retied Paramedic, aged 62 living in Cwmbran in south Wales, UK. Been interested in PC's since 1995, I built my 3 daughters PC's (they all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crozzy, May 10, 2020.

1. crozzy Win User

Hi World...New member with a bios problem!

Hello,
    I am a retied Paramedic, aged 62 living in Cwmbran in south Wales, UK.
    Been interested in PC's since 1995, I built my 3 daughters PC's (they all had windows XP installed so that gives an idea when, first one had an ABIT NF7 s motherboard and an Athlon 3200 CPU (if my memory serves me correctly!)
    I had to retire from my job as a Paramedic in Newport, Gwnt, after sustaing back injuries in work! And so I was 'Ill health retired with a modest pension.
    As funds were, are, not exactly overflowing, I dont build or rebuild/renew My PC as often as I once did,
    MY last build was several years ago and yes it may seem old school to some but it does or did all I asked of it and some!
    My other hobby is an interest in Aviation and so i put the two together and built my own basic flight simulator!
    As I say my set up did all i wanted of it, I was a late comer to Windows 10, but after microsoft withdrew support to my much loved Windows 7 premium installed operating system, I took the plunge and installed Windows 10!
    All went smoothly and after getting used to everything I was more than happy. Untill i tried to get into the Bios. I could'nt. Full stop. Nothing worked, I tried hitting the delete key after both 'restarting' and a complete 'cold boot up from the power swith. No deal! I tried resetting the CMOS and even went to the 'remobving power lead and then the Motherboard's battery/ I even held the power switch in the 'on' position for 30 seconds but upon reinstalling M/B's battery....Still, no joy. I have tried everything from uninstalling Hard drives, Removed one of my graphics cards to end the SLI set up but still nothing.
    Here is my admittedly old (ish) Hardware specs;

MB; Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    CPU; I7 2600K
    16Gb RAM
    Graphics; 2 x MSI GTX 970
    Optical Drive; LG BluRay Read/Write Drive
    Hard drive(s) ; Boot drive; OCZ Trion 100-25SAT3-240Gb SSD
    Data drive Seagate 1Tb (7200rpm)
    PSU Corsair (Bronze) semi modular 850Watt
    Case; Corsair 700d
    As mentioned, my pension precludes me from building a new setup and my present set up is good...Untill I installed Windows 10?
    Can anyone out thee help me in my bour of need? Please? (He said, Fingers crossed. whilst praying!)
    Thankyou

Keyboard and mouse; Generic Cable, Both are USB conneccted

:)

crozzy, May 10, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 10, 2020
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, May 10, 2020
  4. Hi World...New member with a bios problem!

bios problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to install the chipset and bios drivers from the manufactures website and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Hi World...New member with a bios problem!

1. Hi World...New member with a bios problem! - Similar Threads - World member bios

2. New World issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New World issues: Hello,Fairly recently my girlfriend and I bought pre built computers. They both have worked incredibly well until recently. We both have RTX 3060s. I have a I7 processors and she has an I6. This is pretty much the only difference. We have played a few games with no issues on...
  3. New World issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New World issues: Hello,Fairly recently my girlfriend and I bought pre build computers. They both have work incredibly well until recently. We both have RTX 3060s. I have a I7 processors and she has an I6. This is pretty much the only difference. We have played a few games with no issues on...
  4. New World issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New World issues: Hello,Fairly recently my girlfriend and I bought pre build computers. They both have work incredibly well until recently. We both have RTX 3060s. I have a I7 processors and she has an I6. This is pretty much the only difference. We have played a few games with no issues on...
  5. Minecraft windows 10 "having problems connecting to world" won't let me create a new world.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft windows 10 "having problems connecting to world" won't let me create a new world.: Got home today to discover I can no longer access Minecraft World. Nor create a new Minecraft World on Windows 10 edition. Just seeing if this was an issue anyone else was having?...
  6. Minecraft "there was a problem loading this world"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft "there was a problem loading this world": see i play minecraft windows 10 and its been crashing alot recently, though with the new nether update me and my friend decided to look for some netherite but he had to go so i left, then when he could play again it crashed while loading and i had to restart my pc. then when...
  7. Problem with family member account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  8. NEW TO THIS LAPTOP WORLD ..

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEW TO THIS LAPTOP WORLD ..: HELLO IM NEW TO THIS WORLD IVE BEEN IN PIRSON FOR A LITTLE WHILE . BUT I GOT ME HP LAPTOP IVE ALREADY MASTER RESET IT FEW TIMES .. DONT WANT TO DO THAT ANY MORE TAKES FOREVER TO GET BACC UP TO DATE NICE THO BECAUSE IT MOVES FAST THEN WITH IN A FEW WEEKS ITS SLOW SLOW . BUT I...
  9. New World

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New World: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Pre-purchase New World on Steam*Thumbs 146401
  10. World Clock Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    World Clock Problem: It is impossible to add other clocks and time zones. The system shows only the local time. 23224