Windows 10: Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

Discus and support Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MounirBanan, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in regards to this, only if it was safe to delete them.

Thanks if you reply!

:)

MounirBanan, Sep 6, 2020

2. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation?

WilliamHall9, Sep 6, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

Hi,

That actually is not all that excessive.. Your PageFile is also a bit on the small side..

Mine are 12.5GB for the hiberfil and 16.5GB for the PageFile..

slance310, Sep 6, 2020
  4. makwy2 Win User

Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Howdy,

So I have a 60gb SSD with Windows 7 and Office on it (all specs are listed <--- under my username). I have a 12gb pagefile and a 9gb hiberfil, is it possible to delete those or make it so that hiberfil at the very least is no longer created? I just want a little free space on there for future use.

Thoughts?

makwy2, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

1. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them? - Similar Threads - Hiberfil sys Pagefil

2. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  3. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  4. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?: I was told to disable these because I have an SSD for Windows. Is that still a recommended practice? I'm getting mixed (and old) opinions when I Google it. submitted by /u/Sympatoo [link] [comments]...
  6. How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil

How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil: Hello, I'm on an HP Zbook mobile workstation with 1To of harddrive and 64Go of RAM win 10 pro. I just noticed today that my pagefil.sys is 67108864 Ko and my hiberfil.sis is 66985172 Ko. Both make already 127Go which is very big. I would like to know if : 1- I can delete...
  7. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?: [ATTACH]My hiberfiles sys is a bit on the large side now. I did asking around about how to clean it or just manage it but people i asked either dont know or cant give me a straight answer. is there a way to clean it or just manage it or does windows do it automatically?...
  8. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

C: pagefile .sys Degrag: How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-pagefile-sys-degrag/1435a24e-30c1-43a8-9587-dbbac2c1216e"
  9. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  10. BSOD:l1c63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD:l1c63x64.sys: Since I replaced my HHD,BSOD happened. Please help me. Attachment 69284 43970