Windows 10: hiberfil.sys file replace hibernate.

Discus and support hiberfil.sys file replace hibernate. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday i was working on file and image ,after working i hibernate pc. Next day i was working on different file and image, and hibernate pc So... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dipdas, Jun 3, 2019.

1. dipdas Win User

hiberfil.sys file replace hibernate.

Yesterday i was working on file and image ,after working i hibernate pc.

Next day i was working on different file and image, and hibernate pc

So does this hibernation replace memory state and setting with previous one ?

:)

dipdas, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Pagefile size depends on RAM, just find optimal value and stick to that.

If you use SSD and want more free space then disable System Restore. It is far more efficient than disabling hiberfil

After disabling hibernation hiberfil.sys gets deleted automatically.

Drone, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Did the default Hibernate file size change for Win 10 ?

It is normal. You can adjust the size of the hibernation file in the command prompt.

Code:
    Code:
    POWERCFG /HIBERNATE <ON|OFF>   POWERCFG /HIBERNATE /SIZE <PERCENT_SIZE>   POWERCFG /HIBERNATE /TYPE <REDUCED|FULL>   Alias:   POWERCFG /H   Description:   Enables/disables the hibernate feature or sets the hiberfile size.   Parameter List:   <ON|OFF>                Enables/disables the hibernate feature.     /SIZE <PERCENT_SIZE>    Specifies the desired hiberfile size as a percentage                           of the total memory size. The default size cannot be                           smaller than 40. This parameter will also cause                           hibernate to be enabled.     /TYPE <REDUCED|FULL>    Specifies the desired hiberfile type. A reduced                           hiberfile only supports hiberboot.

logicearth, Jun 3, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. hiberfil.sys file replace hibernate. - Similar Threads - hiberfil sys file

2. Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation: Basically, whenever I start my computer from hibernation, all of my desktop icons disappear and are replaced with a gray box:Said box is in the top-left corner today. It's always on the left side somewhere along the top or bottom, but never along the side and never floating...
  3. Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation: Basically, whenever I start my computer from hibernation, all of my desktop icons disappear and are replaced with a gray box:Said box is in the top-left corner today. It's always on the left side somewhere along the top or bottom, but never along the side and never floating...
  4. Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive: Hello!I recently put in a new hard drive, and, since then, Windows 10 will no longer hibernate. It shuts down, instead, and I lose whatever was open at the time. By "lose" I don't mean I've lost data, I mean I forget what I had open and was working on! I recall my last laptop...
  5. Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I disable Pagefile and/or Hiberfile?: I was told to disable these because I have an SSD for Windows. Is that still a recommended practice? I'm getting mixed (and old) opinions when I Google it. submitted by /u/Sympatoo [link] [comments]...
  6. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?: Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in regards to this, only if it was safe to delete them. Thanks if you reply!...
  7. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?: [ATTACH]My hiberfiles sys is a bit on the large side now. I did asking around about how to clean it or just manage it but people i asked either dont know or cant give me a straight answer. is there a way to clean it or just manage it or does windows do it automatically?...
  8. Move Page File and hiberfil to another disk - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Page File and hiberfil to another disk - Windows 10: Hello, I have one SSD and one HDD. now Windows 10 installed in SSD. How can I move Page File and hiberfil to HDD from SDD? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. How to replace a corrupt .sys file? Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter #2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to replace a corrupt .sys file? Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter #2: In device manager I am completely missing the (Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2) which I believe uses the vwifimp.sys file. I know it's there in my (System32>drivers) folder. This is for (Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2). It was in my Device...
  10. sys file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sys file: There is error of sys file if you want to reomve this error then you visit our site https://unfitpc.com/asinshelp64-sys, it will be fruitful for you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/sys-file/414caabe-824d-4938-b5ee-70989d4c1a04