Windows 10: hiberfil.sys for sleep mode

Discus and support hiberfil.sys for sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello there, I just read a post on StackOverflow by 'Corporate Geek' saying that hiberfil.sys is needed for sleep mode as well as hibernate. I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Alexandru Dan Duna, Nov 6, 2019.

1. hiberfil.sys for sleep mode

Hello there,

I just read a post on StackOverflow by 'Corporate Geek' saying that hiberfil.sys is needed for sleep mode as well as hibernate. I'd like a confirmation that this is indeed the case (would greatly appreciate some references to Microsoft sources), since I only use sleep and I'd like to have the 13GB hiberfil.sys gone from my SSD ^_^.

Thank you very much.

:)

Alexandru Dan Duna, Nov 6, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 6, 2019
  3. makwy2 Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Howdy,

So I have a 60gb SSD with Windows 7 and Office on it (all specs are listed <--- under my username). I have a 12gb pagefile and a 9gb hiberfil, is it possible to delete those or make it so that hiberfil at the very least is no longer created? I just want a little free space on there for future use.

Thoughts?

makwy2, Nov 6, 2019
  4. hiberfil.sys for sleep mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

hiberfil.sys for sleep mode

1. hiberfil.sys for sleep mode - Similar Threads - hiberfil sys sleep

2. sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode: does my computers alarm sound off if the PC is asleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/c2ecd7a5-73eb-4beb-b05d-271677d04c53
  3. no sleep mode

no sleep mode: how can i restore sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sleep-mode/c4aa3618-98e3-4e9a-baba-f00e89d4a2b0
  4. sleep mode

sleep mode: my laptop ASUS TUF A15 512GB SSD is taking too long to go to sleep mode like 1-2 minutes what could be the issue and how to resolve it ? It boots normally and comes out of sleep in about 3-5 seconds can some one help me...
  5. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?: Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in regards to this, only if it was safe to delete them. Thanks if you reply!...
  6. Sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode?: Is it working on the newest build? submitted by /u/whiffleboy666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx72gq/sleep_mode/
  7. sleep mode

sleep mode: Why is my computer not staying on sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/feaa59a6-5398-435e-8347-b758f7d058d8
  8. Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a wayto manage the hiberfile sys onthe hardrive?: [ATTACH]My hiberfiles sys is a bit on the large side now. I did asking around about how to clean it or just manage it but people i asked either dont know or cant give me a straight answer. is there a way to clean it or just manage it or does windows do it automatically?...
  9. Sleep mode

Sleep mode: Good day, Please what does allow hybrid sleep mode mean? I want my internet on and want to be connected to internet while my computer is asleep. Please explain hybrid sleep to me and how I can achieve my need. Camillus....
  10. Sleep Mode

Sleep Mode: I am running into an issue where every third or fourth time I press the delete key on Windows 10 while using Excel or Google Sheets most notably, my computer goes into sleep mode. It is incredibly frustrating, and I have changed all of my sleep settings to "Never." I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep mode pagefile.sys