Windows 10: Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update

Discus and support Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My notebook has stopped automatically hibernating after 3 hours like it used to. Seems to be since I updated Win 10 to v2004. "Power Options" has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ed Ashworth, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update

My notebook has stopped automatically hibernating after 3 hours like it used to. Seems to be since I updated Win 10 to v2004. "Power Options" has been set to
    Hibernate after
    On Battery: 60 minutes
    Plugged in: 180 minutes
    What else might I need to do?

Thanks.

:)

Ed Ashworth, Aug 10, 2020

2. Monitor/Screen timeout not applying after hibernation

Hello, I have set the screen timeout to go off after 20 minutes and it works fine, but when I hibernate my PC then power on again, the screen timeout does not work and the screen stays on forever.

I don't know if it's a Windows problem or my system's fault. I don't care if I have to set a task to run after hibernation to recover this functionality, but I haven't found any workaround yet.

Is this normal behaviour? Is there a workaround I can check?

Thanks.

I'm on Win10 1709 x64, but I've had this problem since the first version of 10, not only the last service pack.

eXtremeDevil, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Jr James Win User
    Freezing in hibernation after Windows 10 update

I've done the power troubleshooting you've suggested, and it found nothing. My computer is an HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx running the current bios of f49. The problem with the hibernate is not going into, but coming out of. When you try to restart the system
    goes into the loading windows screen with the "flag" icon, and starts the spinning dots (hour glass) and then freezes, as if it's possibly having trouble finding and/or retrieving the information stored when it hibernated. I am then forced to reboot, which
    then allows the system to start fine, with out recovering from hibernation. Oddly enough, I have checked the power options and none of the three power management options have hibernate turned on under any option (plugged in/battery). Since Hibernate is in
    the off mode, I'm not sure why it hibernates on it's own. None of these problems exist when the system just goes into sleep mode. I have also tried to duplicate the issue by putting the system into hibernation manually, and the issue still exists. Again,
    the issue seems to be with potentially the system not being able to retrieve the stored information when it tries to come out of hibernation.

My upgrade to windows was first done via Microsoft's automatic update, the first day the updates where available. I since have added a new hybrid hard drive and did a clean instal with an iso created from the media creation tool. I would like for the hibernate
    option to work. Please let me know if you need any further details. I do have an associates in computer networking, so feel free to get as technical as you'd like, if you decide to contact me.

Jr

Jr James, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update

1. Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update - Similar Threads - Hibernate timeout longer

2. wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?: Wifi device seems to timeout, after having lid shut throughout the day I open my computer to find no ssid available, wifi showing enabled, turning off and back on fixes issue but would like a permanent solution, any suggestions...
  3. wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?: Wifi device seems to timeout, after having lid shut throughout the day I open my computer to find no ssid available, wifi showing enabled, turning off and back on fixes issue but would like a permanent solution, any suggestions...
  4. Hibernate no longer working for desktop PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate no longer working for desktop PC: I have a custom built desktop PC running Windows Pro 10 version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.I generally use Hibernate to turn off the PC at the end of each day and turning on the following morning continues with the apps etc. that were running as expected.However, last week, that...
  5. Office scanners no longer work since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Office scanners no longer work since update: WHY do I constantly have issues after an update? Now not one of my scanners work in my office. Anyone have a solutions for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-scanners-no-longer-work-since-update/fa52b769-e35d-4cc9-8a2b-8238c544624a
  6. Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...: After last update v1903, when I put my computer to hibernate or shutdown (with fast startup enabled) and try to power on , the system hang on Dell log and not started. I am forced to Shutdown it again (with power off button) and power on to start it. PS/ When i hibernate...
  7. Hibernation not working after Windows updates

Hibernation not working after Windows updates: I've been having a problem from time to time with my Dell XPS 8930 that has the Optane memory (probably not the cause). After updating Windows, I sometimes find that when I hibernate the computer, the next time I turn it on, it's as if it had shut down rather than hibernate...
  8. Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.: The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not sure if that means...
  9. Monitor/Screen timeout not applying after hibernation

Monitor/Screen timeout not applying after hibernation: Hello, I have set the screen timeout to go off after 20 minutes and it works fine, but when I hibernate my PC then power on again, the screen timeout does not work and the screen stays on forever. I don't know if it's a Windows problem or my system's fault. I don't care if...
  10. Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade

Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade: Prior to W10 Upgrade (when I was on W7), my laptop would go 'off' - as programmed in my Settings - after X minutes' idleness (though if I caught it as it was just going off, & I tapped a key or moved the mouse, it would revert to the screen (progs, open windows etc) I'd been...