Windows 10: hibernate and fast start

Discus and support hibernate and fast start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated: If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by everettg, Sep 23, 2015.

1. everettg Win User

hibernate and fast start

I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated:
    • If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled.
    ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled?

:)

everettg, Sep 23, 2015
  2. John582n Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Freezes every few days

That is unusual but it probably means that you are not using Fast start anyway. Maybe Hibernation is disabled for some reason (Fast start requires Hibernation on). There is a system command that will turn on hibernation but I don't know if it is safe to
    use in Windows 10.

Wait for someone else to offer suggestions.

John582n, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Jrarentz Win User
    Windows 10 is changing Joystick number assignments upon restart

Solution found here:

"Do you have "fast start" and hibernation enabled on your Win 10 system? From what I understand when you have "fast start" enabled Win 10 saves lots of pertinent data to the hibernation file so after shutting down, and then when you restart, it uses
    the saved data to get your system up and running fast. I wonder if maybe w/o "fast start" enabled the system re-assigns the joy numbers on boot-up? That's one reason a "restart" takes longer as it ignores the hibernation data.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Try this: Boot-up and get the assignments set w/fast start off. Once done go back and turn fast-start and hibernate on (you can kill hibernate after you restart). This is how mine is configured. When you stop the hibernate do it in the advance power
    setting location. "

I did all that and it's fixed now.

Jrarentz, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

hibernate and fast start

Hello everettg, *Smile

Luckily no.

If you enable hibernate, you will still need to separately enable fast startup if wanted.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

It's just that fast startup requires hibernate to be enabled to turn on fast startup, and is why fast startup also gets disabled along with disabling hibernate.

Brink, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

hibernate and fast start

1. hibernate and fast start - Similar Threads - hibernate fast start

2. Driver\Fast Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver\Fast Start Up: I recently have had problems starting my PC without a password or pin. I have done it for a very long time. I questioned the Community and was told to pose another question to help solve my problem: Driver\Fast Startup. If I untick the fast start-up, I can log on without...
  3. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  4. Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...

Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...: After last update v1903, when I put my computer to hibernate or shutdown (with fast startup enabled) and try to power on , the system hang on Dell log and not started. I am forced to Shutdown it again (with power off button) and power on to start it. PS/ When i hibernate...
  5. Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?): Running up to date Windows 10 Home. I have tried the registry settings, what the power button does via Control Panel and turned Fast Boot off in my bios but still win10 boots within seconds (running SSD). I would like to have the whole os to shut down when I power down. Any...
  6. Turning off Fast start.

Turning off Fast start.: Ever since my laptop upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home (now Build 17134_release 180410-18040, on waking up there is a lag before before the logon screen appears. The hdd is a 200GB ssd. I have the latest graphic driver. There have been suggestions that turning off...
  7. hibernation and fast boot setup

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation and fast boot setup: I'm set up with high performance under power plan and my hibernation isn't working right. I set it up for 2 mins and it went into hibernate, after then hitting a key on the keyboard it started back up in post and shut down completely? Is this supposed to bring you...
  8. Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop: Is anyone seeing any issues regarding hibernation on their laptops? Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've noticed that my laptop seems to be going into hibernation much more quickly than it did in Windows 7. I checked my settings and my screen saver settings and so on are setup...
  9. Fast Start/Fast Boot/Hibernation Settings for OEM Win10/64 Pro SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fast Start/Fast Boot/Hibernation Settings for OEM Win10/64 Pro SSD?: Howdy: Looking for guidance on optimal settings for new Dell system before I fire it up (specs in my profile). This is my first Win10 system and my first desktop, "production box" PC with dual drives (SSD (OS) + spinner (data)) and UEFI. I have read the many...
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hibernate and fast startup in dual boot