Windows 10: Hibernate and sleep problem?

Discus and support Hibernate and sleep problem? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I set my PC to hibernate or sleep, it no longer works the way it used to. It basically shuts down completely. How can I fix this? 93503 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Sep 14, 2017.

1. mobile1 Win User

Hibernate and sleep problem?

When I set my PC to hibernate or sleep, it no longer works the way it used to.

It basically shuts down completely.

How can I fix this?

:)

mobile1, Sep 14, 2017

2. Hibernate problems out of nothing

Hibernate was working fine for me for a few months... until today I don't know if it's a update or maybe I did something wrong with my laptop ( windows 10) But when I put my pc to Hibernate it won't turn off, its like sleep mode where it shows me the 'login
    page' , fans and power light still on.

So I went to power options and tried to change button actions, I hope you understand what I mean.

I find everything normal Power off button to shut down and sleep button to sleep but no hibernate button. Still I can find hibernate in the settings to put it on shutdown button or sleep button.

I changed Sleep to Hibernate just to see if it still works and I click on sleep it goes hibernate mode very fine but when I click on hibernate it goes sleep mode ( even before I changed anything)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Yasine Romdhane, Sep 14, 2017
  3. E.J.O. Win User
    Windows 10 Hibernate problems

When I installed Windows 10, the sleep option was missing, so I set parameters for when my computer would go into hibernate mode. After installing a patch from Lenovo, the sleep function was restored and the hibernate function vanished. I put my computer
    to sleep... but then after the amount of time I had set for hibernate, it STILL went into hibernate. I cannot find the hibernate option now to cancel those settings! It still started fine, but if I'd had the sleep option at the time, I would have set hibernate
    for a lot longer than a few hours of sitting idle, and now I cannot undo it.

E.J.O., Sep 14, 2017
  4. Hibernate and sleep problem?

Hi mobile1

First thing I would do is head to advance power options and reset plan to defaults. Restart and test.

Test.

If that does not work I would shut off hibernation.

At a command prompt(admin) or Powershell(admin) enter

powercfg -h off

Restart and test. If that does not fix turn hibernation back on by replacing off with on in the command above.

If things still aren't right lets try (Command prompt(admin) or Powershell(Admin))

powercfg -a

This will list what sleeps states are and aren't supported.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 14, 2017
  5. mobile1 Win User
    Thank you but none of these worked.

mobile1, Sep 15, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    The suggestion to run powercfg -a was not a fix, it was to find out what sleep states are supported on your machine.

So, what did it say?

7. mobile1 Win User
    It said this:

Hibernate and sleep problem? [​IMG]

mobile1, Sep 15, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

OK, Standby (S3) is available, this should allow Sleep.
    Type powercfg -hibernate on to enable hibernation, then see what powercfg -a says is now available.

9. mobile1 Win User
    It said this:

mobile1, Sep 15, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Try again, the correct command is:
    powercfg -hibernate on

11. mobile1 Win User
    It said this:

mobile1, Sep 15, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    That error code 0x65b occurs if you try to run the command as a standard user. You must open a Command Prompt or Powershell as an administrator to be able to run powercfg -hibernate on

Your Powershell was not run as administrator, if it had been it would have said 'Administrator: Windows Powershell' on its title bar.

13. mobile1 Win User

How can I open a command prompt as an Administrator?

mobile1, Sep 15, 2017
  14. mobile1 Win User
    It said this:

mobile1, Sep 15, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    That looks good. It doesn't say anything if the command has worked, that is normal. Now try powercfg -a

Thema:

1. Hibernate and sleep problem? - Similar Threads - Hibernate sleep problem

2. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  3. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  4. Hibernation and sleep problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation and sleep problems: Hellorecently after i hibernate my pc, often when i start it again all the data are deleted and it runs a new windows session.i have also a problem with sleep function in windows, my pc randomly "wake up" without touching any input.These things are becoming annoying, pls help...
  5. KB5000842 update - Hibernation and Sleep problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5000842 update - Hibernation and Sleep problems: I notice that, after installing KB5000842 update, my PC will not remain in a state of hibernation. It appears to hibernate and then immediately wakes up. Same problem applies to Sleep mode. Has anyone else noticed this? submitted by /u/LondonClicker [link] [comments]...
  6. Sleep/Hibernate problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep/Hibernate problems: Hello, I bought a Dell G5 5500 in august of this year. I have several problems: The first one is that even though I put my laptop into hibernation, it turns on after 2 or 3 hours, (I haven't calculated the exact time) without any action on my part. This means that the...
  7. Problems with Office 2019 after sleep/hibernate

Problems with Office 2019 after sleep/hibernate: Running Windows 10 Pro/64bit, version 1903 on a MSI GS73 and after replacing my Office 2013 with Office 2019 Pro Plus I have issues with Office after sleep and hibernate. Parts of content (menu items etc.) in the Office programs are missing. It is fixed by re-starting each...
  8. Problem with sleep and hibernation

Problem with sleep and hibernation: This problem seems to have suddenly come out of nowhere. I've done Malware scans and they've turned up nothing and I have looked all over the internet to find an answer and have gotten nowhere. When I try to put my computer to sleep , not a few seconds after my moniters turn...
  9. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  10. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...