Windows 10: Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10

Discus and support Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently after a created some partions my hibernate no longer works. I undid all the changes I made to my partions. The issue still remains. Can... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sychicyuto, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10

Recently after a created some partions my hibernate no longer works. I undid all the changes I made to my partions. The issue still remains. Can someone help me?

:)

Sychicyuto, Jun 15, 2022
  2. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 15, 2022
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jun 15, 2022
  4. Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10

1. Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hibernate button locks

2. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  3. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  4. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10

Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10: I set Power Button to Hibernate Windows but it does not work, but when I use Power Button to turn on Laptop it work properly ...Any Idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-does-not-hibernate-windows-10/1a82455d-f9f2-4ab8-8ab3-0cfbce6f1db9
  6. Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10: Recently after a created some partions my hibernate no longer works. I undid all the changes I made to my partions. The issue still remains. Can someone help me?...
  7. Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10

Hibernate button just locks computer. windows 10: Recently after a created some partions my hibernate no longer works. I undid all the changes I made to my partions. The issue still remains. Can someone help me?...
  8. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking: Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me...
  9. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking: Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me...
  10. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window hibernate is locking instead