Windows 10: Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Discus and support Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gadiarmony, May 23, 2021.

1. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I "hibernate" the laptop, put it in my bag and

:)

gadiarmony, May 23, 2021
  2. Yo_Wattup Win User

sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, May 23, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Turn off hybrid sleep/hibernate.

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep [​IMG]

Toothless, May 23, 2021
  4. claylomax Win User

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

I only get hibernate and allow wake timers not allow hybrid sleep.

claylomax, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

1. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep - Similar Threads - Hibernate doesn't hibernate

2. Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate: Please help. here are my settings: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-sleep-hibernate/e3484313-ce0a-4040-9bb2-1c6d3547828f
  3. Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't sleep / hibernate: Please help. here are my settings: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-sleep-hibernate/e3484313-ce0a-4040-9bb2-1c6d3547828f
  4. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  5. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  6. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  8. Hibernate actually goes into sleep

Hibernate actually goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  9. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  10. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...