Windows 10: Hibernate immdeiately reboots

Discus and support Hibernate immdeiately reboots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Jul 27, 2020.

1. perdrix Win User

Hibernate immdeiately reboots

Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again.

Windows 10 Version 2004

How on earth to fix?

David

:)

perdrix, Jul 27, 2020

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 27, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Hibernate immdeiately reboots - Similar Threads - Hibernate immdeiately reboots

2. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  3. PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate: I updated the system to Windows 10 20H2 version several days ago, after which the pc started to reboot itself after being idle for several minutes or if I switch it to the sleep / hibernate mode.Grateful for any help or ideas.Thanks....
  4. No internet on reboot post hibernation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet on reboot post hibernation: On reboot/Restart post hibernation I find my internet needs reconnecting. I have follow various instructions to make sure my power management does not switch off the wifi as seen in my pictures. Can anyone help? Windows 10 home version 2004 (OS build 19041.610) 64bit...
  5. Windows 10: I hibernate, but the PC reboots

Windows 10: I hibernate, but the PC reboots: I normally hibernate my laptop at night. This allows me to pick up my work in the morning right where I left it in the evening. This doesn't work anymore. I hibernate it, but when I switch it on in the morning, it starts from scratch. I am not aware of any reconfiguration...
  6. Hibernate immediately reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate immediately reboots: Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth to fix? David 161446
  7. ASUS X552LD rebooting after Sleep ou Hibernate

ASUS X552LD rebooting after Sleep ou Hibernate: Hello all! My ASUS X552LD laptop recently a week ago started rebooting after Sleep mode or Hibernation. This happens when accessing Sleep mode rather by Power button, by Windows Start Menu, or by closing the laptop's lid. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Version...
  8. Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate: After updating to feature update 1909, my computer started freezing during all reboots (the reboot animation freezes, and won't continue even after waiting 5+ hours). Hibernate is also broken - when I start the computer from hibernate, the screen turns off, and the computer...
  9. Hibernate -> Reboot and change system language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate -> Reboot and change system language: Sorry, this is a bit of a rant, but last night I was working late and didn't finish, so I placed all the windows in a way to make me remember all the details of what I was working on and not have to open all the different programs, databases, terminal windows and whatnot...
  10. PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(: My computer, after the Windows 10 update, keeps rebotting after I hibernate. I can't remember if it does this for a regular shutdown. I tend to push the power button to prevent it from booting Windows. I did go and disable "allow this device to wake" in Device Manager and I...