Windows 10: Hibernate immediately reboots

Discus and support Hibernate immediately reboots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Jul 27, 2020.

1. perdrix Win User

Hibernate immediately reboots

Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again.

Windows 10 Version 2004

How on earth to fix?

David

:)

perdrix, Jul 27, 2020

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.

• I disabled fast restart
    • ran power troubleshooter
    • reset the power plan defaults
    • updated bios
    • tried a repair install
    • disabled hybrid sleep in power settings

I have already updated to v 1909. I am running Win 10 Pro.

The fast start disable fixed the auto restart on shutdown but not or hibernate. Sleep works fine. Please advise what other steps to try.

Jerry Welliver, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Hibernate immediately reboots - Similar Threads - Hibernate immediately reboots

2. PC Crashing and won't reboot immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing and won't reboot immediately: Specs: Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel HYPERX @ 1333MHz Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M7 MS-7976 U3E1 Graphics 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Power Supply Cooler Master G750M...
  3. No internet on reboot post hibernation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet on reboot post hibernation: On reboot/Restart post hibernation I find my internet needs reconnecting. I have follow various instructions to make sure my power management does not switch off the wifi as seen in my pictures. Can anyone help? Windows 10 home version 2004 (OS build 19041.610) 64bit...
  4. Hibernate immdeiately reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate immdeiately reboots: Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth to fix? David 161446
  5. Random Immediate Reboot no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Immediate Reboot no BSOD: There doesn't seem to be a rhythm, I could be playing a game or surfing the web and my PC will sometimes freeze for a second, then reboot, other times it'll simply reboot. Couple things to note: I have a RAM overclock (hasn't had errors with Karhu up to 4000%) I have a GPU...
  6. Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate: My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum. I disabled fast restart ran power troubleshooter reset the power plan defaults updated bios tried a repair install disabled...
  7. Hibernate -> Reboot and change system language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate -> Reboot and change system language: Sorry, this is a bit of a rant, but last night I was working late and didn't finish, so I placed all the windows in a way to make me remember all the details of what I was working on and not have to open all the different programs, databases, terminal windows and whatnot...
  8. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2: This is just a continuation of a previous thread which was marked as too old. See BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate Had another BSOD immediately after returning from hibernate. I checked the disk again but saw no further errors so I can rule out the disk this time...
  9. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate: I sometimes get a failure from either Corrupt Page or Memory Management after returning from either sleep mode or hibernate. Always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+142940. I wonder if it might be caused by my trying to log in too soon and the different threads running before memory...
  10. PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(: My computer, after the Windows 10 update, keeps rebotting after I hibernate. I can't remember if it does this for a regular shutdown. I tend to push the power button to prevent it from booting Windows. I did go and disable "allow this device to wake" in Device Manager and I...