Windows 10: Hibernate locks the pc puts me on lock screen. Can't Hybernate my pc.

Discus and support Hibernate locks the pc puts me on lock screen. Can't Hybernate my pc. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A few days ago, shutdown and hybernate both were not working. But after turning off fast startup from power options, shut down started working properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShubhamSY, May 20, 2020.

1. ShubhamSY Win User

Hibernate locks the pc puts me on lock screen. Can't Hybernate my pc.

A few days ago, shutdown and hybernate both were not working. But after turning off fast startup from power options, shut down started working properly but Hybernate option still functioning as lock option.

I have checked in event log, there is no event ID 45.

Windows 10 home edition

Version : 1803

Build: 17134.765

Kindly reply if you need more details.

:)

ShubhamSY, May 20, 2020
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 20, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

PC locking up

Hello, just tonight, my PC has been locking up while playing WoW and watching movies on VLC media player on my other screen. No warning, screen locks up and sound starts repeating.

Also when booting up my PC, my screens will not display anything until the operating system boots up. (Win7), no post or motherboard screen shows up or anything.

Is my PC not getting enough power or something. I did do a recent update, I might have to sys restore.

Aceman.au, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Hibernate locks the pc puts me on lock screen. Can't Hybernate my pc. - Similar Threads - Hibernate locks puts

2. my pc is locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is locked: my pc is locked from find my device. i accidentally locked my pc from the pc itself so what i suppossed to do? please help me. it says " an administator has restricted sign in, To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet and have your administrator sign in...
  3. my pc is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is locked: my pc is locked from find my device. i accidentally locked my pc from the pc itself so what i suppossed to do? please help me. it says " an administator has restricted sign in, To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet and have your administrator sign in...
  4. I am trying to put a picture of something on my Lock Screen on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am trying to put a picture of something on my Lock Screen on my PC: I try to do it. But, when I try to do it. It does not show the whole image and that is what I am mad about. Cause, I have a few pictures that I would want to try to add on my Lock Screen on my PC as my Lock Screen when I sign in on the PC. But, it cuts off a part of the...
  5. I am trying to put a picture of something on my Lock Screen on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to put a picture of something on my Lock Screen on my PC: I try to do it. But, when I try to do it. It does not show the whole image and that is what I am mad about. Cause, I have a few pictures that I would want to try to add on my Lock Screen on my PC as my Lock Screen when I sign in on the PC. But, it cuts off a part of the...
  6. I am trying to put a picture of something on my Lock Screen on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hibernate button disappeared and can't put PC to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate button disappeared and can't put PC to sleep: Hi all, for the last month or so I haven't been able to switch on the hibernate option in the power settings and every time I put my computer to sleep, it stays on. Shutdown is also taking a really long time. Any idea where to start? submitted by /u/louissanderson57...
  8. PC keeps locking me out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC keeps locking me out: My PC keeps locking me out, even though it's only a few months old. What's happening? The topic is the opposite, did not have the correct topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-locking-me-out/2b5820c2-4e7c-4071-a23f-8d18a9dfc1f4
  9. My PC is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC is locked: Today, I was opening my PC and then after the windows loading screen and password,if I leave my mouse, my PC brings a 'locking' screen and my PC shuts down. After restarting, it says 'windows is resuming' and then a few seconds later, my PC is down again. Please help....
  10. PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock: I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.) Since I am at work I always lock the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot shut down or hbernate takes me to lock screen