Windows 10: HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings

Discus and support HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Due to totally broken OEM software I recently had to reinstall Windows. This is Windows 1903, and as I:m going through setting my comptuer up again, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MattZ33, Oct 22, 2019.

1. MattZ33 Win User

HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings

Due to totally broken OEM software I recently had to reinstall Windows. This is Windows 1903, and as I:m going through setting my comptuer up again, I noticed that the Hibernate option was missing in control panel. I don't mean in the Start Menu, I know that by default its hidden and that I need to reenable it in Control Panel. I mean that where the setting previously was it's just gone. This was the same version of Windows that I was running before the reinstall so I have no idea why it's not appearing.

This is the control panel page prior to clicking on the "change settings that are currently unavailable" button

HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings a6cc5897-e391-4477-a1c9-9e9bf3faeee3?upload=true.png

And this is after, with the option still missing.

HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings 781473c1-6b88-45e7-8453-3cdc53ce19c9?upload=true.png

**** is going on?

:)

MattZ33, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Missing Hibernate Button/Action in Power Menu.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings\check Hibernate\Save Changes

HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 22, 2019
  3. penumbria Win User
    Windows 10 hibernate option missing even in control panel

I recently got a new computer (HP Stream) with Windows 10. The Hibernate option was missing from the Start power menu so I went to the Control Panel as instructed in the various forums and articles. I followed the steps but there
    is no Hibernate option, unchecked or otherwise there. How do I make it show up? You can see below it isn't there where everyone says it should be.

HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings 1c65a34d-3886-476d-b9e2-f7d13b3c999a.jpg

penumbria, Oct 22, 2019
  4. HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings

Is it ok to Hibernate on W10

Just for clarity, what are the specific steps that you took in adding the hibernate option to the Start menu? We will give you the most advisable way in adding back the hibernate option to the Start menu. Kindly do the following steps using an administrator
    account:

• Type control panel on the search bar.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • On the left panel, click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Put a check on Hibernate.
    • Click on Save changes, then close the window.

If the steps that you took are different from what we have given, we highly recommend that you do the given steps instead.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings

1. HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings - Similar Threads - HIbernate missing Control

2. Control Panel Display Settings Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Display Settings Missing: Hi, I am currently studying for a cert exam. The instructor goes to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation. In there, he has two items in the list that my version of control panel does not have. Personalisation Display Why don't these appear in control...
  3. Control panel missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel missing: I were having some problems with my computer. Tried to download and install an old game. Think something happened with my computer. I can't find the control panel anywhere. Anyone who might be able to help? submitted by /u/DankestGuide [link] [comments]...
  4. Hibernate option is missing in Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hibernate option is missing in Control Panel in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many people use the Hibernate option so that they can resume all the work very quickly. However, if the Hibernate option is missing or unavailable […] This article Hibernate option is missing in Control Panel in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  5. Control Panel AND Settings

Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  6. Touchscreen Stopped Working and Missing Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchscreen Stopped Working and Missing Control Panel Settings: Hi, I've got an Asus Zenscreen Touch as a secondary monitor and it's been working fine up until today. I think there was an update with windows as the tablet pc settings are missing from my control panel. I used these steps to setup the screen originally - link I then...
  7. Control panel power options missing

Control panel power options missing: If I go into the power plans menu in control panel and create a power plan, I can only make it off the balanced plan, and it's missing a few advanced options....
  8. Programs Missing From Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List: Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps How can I find them? Windows 10 37229
  9. Missing control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing control panel: I am unable to find my Control Panel today. I see the words control panel when I right click on the menu after clicking on the start button. But nothing happens. It does not open. I have been researching it all day but to no avail. I am using an Acer laptop and I updated to...
  10. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hibernate unavailable in control panel