Windows 10: hibernate mode failure

Discus and support hibernate mode failure in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi, I have a problem using the hibernate mode in windows 10. When I hibernate my laptop, it reboots. I used to hibernate my laptop successfully but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frankykz, Sep 29, 2019.

1. frankykz Win User

hibernate mode failure

hi,

I have a problem using the hibernate mode in windows 10. When I hibernate my laptop, it reboots. I used to hibernate my laptop successfully but now that seems to fail. I have tried every possible way to fix it as suggested from various sites but non seems to work.

Please help!

:)

frankykz, Sep 29, 2019

2. Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Sep 29, 2019
  3. "Shutting Down" to "Hibernate"

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the device drivers status in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the drivers have warning message(Yellow triangle with exclamatory mark).

Step 2: Start the computer in Safe mode, try to shutdown and check if the sleep mode/ hibernate is working fine.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2019
  4. hibernate mode failure

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

hibernate mode failure

1. hibernate mode failure - Similar Threads - hibernate mode failure

2. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  3. Windows 11 hibernation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hibernation failure: Hello there!I have a problem with my 2022 ASUS Zephyrus G15 regarding hibernation and sleep. Whenever I close the lid, and leave the laptop for a few hours and hibernation kicks in, the system cannot continue. This also happens when I initiate hibernation from the stat menu...
  4. Windows 11 hibernation failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 hibernation failure: Hello there!I have a problem with my 2022 ASUS Zephyrus G15 regarding hibernation and sleep. Whenever I close the lid, and leave the laptop for a few hours and hibernation kicks in, the system cannot continue. This also happens when I initiate hibernation from the stat menu...
  5. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  6. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  7. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. no hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    no hibernate mode: Hello, For some weeks now, my PC (version 1809) will not sleep on it's own and if I set it to sleep, I find it awake later. If I leave for work or go to bed I have been shutting down just to ease my mind about what is happening. Why won't my PC sleep any more? Thanks! 149424
  9. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...
  10. Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate mode: Hi all , how can I control the PC go to hibernate mode in 3 hours rather than sleep mode ? Thx 47288