Windows 10: Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

Discus and support Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ParshotamVaswani, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and shuts the machine. Now I have to press the power button again to boot. If I turn off the hibernate mode using 'powercfg.exe /hibernate off' on command prompt, I loose the advantage of fast startup. Is there a way to wake the machine up from the hibernate using a hardware key like power button or HID compliant device?Thanks in

:)

ParshotamVaswani, Jul 11, 2021
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Reynardin Win User
    Hibernate acting funky on vista

For some reason, when I try to put my computer in hibernate, it instantly restarts after it goes into hibernate mode. I can hit the power switch, and the next time it starts up, it acts like it was in hibernate, but it's a bit of a pain to do every time. Another problem with it is that it seems to take the same amount of time, or even more, to wake up from hibernate as it does to start my computer up normally.
    Does anybody have a clue about why this might be?

Reynardin, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

Wake from hibernation

My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there
    any way to wake up the laptop from the hibernation with a keyboard or a mouse?

JamesMania, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

1. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate - Similar Threads - Hibernate Mode wake

2. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  3. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  6. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode: Hello all.For around 2 weeks now, I have been facing an issue: Windows Explorer on my laptop ASUS ROG G15QE will not respond after waking up from hibernation/sleep mode. I have tried doing sfc /scannow and a few other methods. I have also updated to the latest version of...
  7. Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating: Hi I will gladly provide any info you need. I'm using W10, obviously, and these last three times I've woken up to the usual black screen when the PC is in hibernation, except these last 3 times when i move the mouse or type a key nothing happens. I think the Pc responds and...
  8. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...
  9. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...