Windows 10: Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I completed the latest Windows 10 upgrade. Hibernate worked fine before the upgrade, but now if I put my laptop into hibernation, it won't restart when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArizonaCold, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade

I completed the latest Windows 10 upgrade. Hibernate worked fine before the upgrade, but now if I put my laptop into hibernation, it won't restart when I try to bring it out of hibernation. I just get the black ASUS start-up screen, and nothing happens. I have to force shut down and restart my laptop. The laptop will then restart, but all of my programs were shut down as a result of the forced shut down.

Details: Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004, Installed the upgrade 6/22/2020, OS build 19041.329, Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

My laptop is an ASUS Flipbook UX461F.

I really like using the hibernation feature.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

ArizonaCold, Jun 26, 2020

2. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade

1. Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Hibernate longer working

2. Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10: For many years, I used sleep mode in between sessions so that my apps would retain their open windows and files. Then when sleep mode stopped working and causing my computer to freeze requiring a hard boot,...
  3. Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10: For many years, I used sleep mode in between sessions so that my apps would retain their open windows and files. Then when sleep mode stopped working and causing my computer to freeze requiring a hard boot,...
  4. Hibernate mode no longer working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  7. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. After most recent Windows 10 update, fingerprint scanning no longer works: "Something went...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After most recent Windows 10 update, fingerprint scanning no longer works: "Something went...: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 with the most recent update, and when I tried logging in after the update was complete, my fingerprint scanner didn't work after many repeated tries. This is a DELL XPS 15 laptop, but I would assume the issue lies with Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 is no longer sleeping after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is no longer sleeping after most recent updates: I have been having issues with Windows 10 sleeping on my Dell desktop. I was able to solve the issue by reinstalling Windows while keeping all apps and files. However, today Windows installed the following two updates: February9, 2021-KB4601050 Cumulative Update for .NET...
  10. full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates: I installed all recommended updates to my windows 10 and then tried to open several games Jewel Quest, Brickshooter Egypt, Super Granny4 and none of them would open to full screen even when the full screen box was checked under game options. I got a 1/4th screen in the...