Windows 10: hibernate not working the same after win 10 oct update

Discus and support hibernate not working the same after win 10 oct update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; win 10 desktop connect to an UPS running oct update have had pc 7 yrs running win 7 for 5 yrs and win 10 since jun 2016. since Oct update, pc wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gloves947, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Gloves947 Win User

hibernate not working the same after win 10 oct update

win 10 desktop connect to an UPS running oct update have had pc 7 yrs running win 7 for 5 yrs and win 10 since jun 2016. since Oct update, pc wakes up from hibernation if the power goes out. previous 7 years, neither win 7 nor win 10 woke up from hibernation on power outage.

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

HID Keyboard Device

HID-compliant mouse

machine was taken apart in September and the dust cleaned out. the UPS may be plugged into a different USB slot.

cannot find any power settings that say to turn machine on - lots of options to turn machine off.

live in rural area - power bumps/outages common especially when wind blows. if machine unattended, do NOT want it to wake up killing the UPS battery.

anyone have any ideas what has changed or how I can stop the machine from waking from hibernation

:)

Gloves947, Nov 9, 2018

2. Win 10 Hibernate Problem

When I connect Internet modem to win 10 PC , After Hibernate pc cannot Hibernate ( PC running ........) Don't work Hibernate . But same pc win 7 os work Hibernate properly. When I Remove internet modem form win 10 PC , After then hibernate work properly.
    Any solution please..

Md Moniruzzaman, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Nov 9, 2018
  4. hibernate not working the same after win 10 oct update

Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

hibernate not working the same after win 10 oct update

1. hibernate not working the same after win 10 oct update - Similar Threads - hibernate working same

2. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update: Does Microsoft intend to correct the problem with their October 23 update for Windows 10? My Dell desktop is installing the update to the very end then stops and says it can’t do it and backs out. Please advise if there’s any solutions to this problem. Currently my PC is not...
  3. Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 fails to install Oct 2023 update: Does Microsoft intend to correct the problem with their October 23 update for Windows 10? My Dell desktop is installing the update to the very end then stops and says it can’t do it and backs out. Please advise if there’s any solutions to this problem. Currently my PC is not...
  4. Oct and Nov win updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct and Nov win updates: Various systems all win10 Pro, with Office 365 Bus Differing hardware Following win updates released Oct and Nov On all systems power/sleep settings failed ie systems do not now sleep/hibernate. MS Outlook default sounds eg on Delete have failed...
  5. Hibernation not working after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation not working after Windows updates: I've been having a problem from time to time with my Dell XPS 8930 that has the Optane memory (probably not the cause). After updating Windows, I sometimes find that when I hibernate the computer, the next time I turn it on, it's as if it had shut down rather than hibernate...
  6. Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard Win 10 Oct 2018 Update: I am having troubles to get to the clipboard on Windows 10. According to the updates I have read there are new setting to allow me to paste multiple save items and to share copy/paste amount multiple devices. I've looked under Settings but no love. I tried to Search it up...
  7. Sound not working after Oct 10 windows 10 update!

Sound not working after Oct 10 windows 10 update!: Last night my pc did the regular thing of updating and shutting down...I didnt think anything was unusual until this morning when no sound plays on it! I cant hear anything not even the audio drivers responding...I didnt download or modify anything on my pc before this except...
  8. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. Shows white on 2nd screen using extended screen. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  9. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  10. win update 1809 oct 2018

win update 1809 oct 2018: unable to upgrade on surface pro 5 from 1803 to 1809 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-update-1809-oct-2018/0c5b5099-cdeb-419a-adcc-be3a83bc145a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hibernate not working after 1809 update

2. hibernation not working after windows 10 update