Windows 10: Hibernate not working

Discus and support Hibernate not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm experiencing a weird problem which suddenly started happening for a few days now.Whenever I try to hibernate my pc, it just sends me to the unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by micknijhof, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Hibernate not working

I'm experiencing a weird problem which suddenly started happening for a few days now.Whenever I try to hibernate my pc, it just sends me to the unlock screen and doesnt actually shut down.I tried updating but that didn't fix anything. So I'm not sure what to do at this point.

:)

micknijhof, Apr 29, 2021

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Hibernate not working

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Hibernate not working

1. Hibernate not working - Similar Threads - Hibernate working

2. Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.: HiI used Win 11, 23H. when I working or playing, suddenly hibernate enabled automatically, and my laptop is on a charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate-enabled-automatically-when-working-on/bcac2ddf-57b5-455d-834d-e96af2e2d199
  3. Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.: HiI used Win 11, 23H. when I working or playing, suddenly hibernate enabled automatically, and my laptop is on a charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate-enabled-automatically-when-working-on/bcac2ddf-57b5-455d-834d-e96af2e2d199
  4. Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.: Pretty much the title. Bluetooth no longer works after computer wakes from Sleep or Hibernate. I have already tried DISM, sfc & restarting Bluetooth servcies. Nothing works. Trying to stop or restart any Bluetooth service just returns an error. How do I fix this?...
  5. Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.

Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.: Pretty much the title. Bluetooth no longer works after computer wakes from Sleep or Hibernate. I have already tried DISM, sfc & restarting Bluetooth servcies. Nothing works. Trying to stop or restart any Bluetooth service just returns an error. How do I fix this?...
  6. Fixed: Hibernate does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed: Hibernate does not work: Hi all,For you few who are sporadic computer users but want to come back to things as you left them...and/or you care deeply about the environment and want to stop your overnight drain...So you've gone to the trouble of re-enabling hibernate, and found that it's still...
  7. Fixed: Hibernate does not work

Fixed: Hibernate does not work: Hi all,For you few who are sporadic computer users but want to come back to things as you left them...and/or you care deeply about the environment and want to stop your overnight drain...So you've gone to the trouble of re-enabling hibernate, and found that it's still...
  8. Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled: I recently installed Windows 11 on my second NVMe drive, the Kingston KC2500, replacing the Plextor M9PeG. However, I encountered an issue with hibernation not working properly. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that enabling core isolation, VM platform, or hypervisor...
  9. Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled

Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled: I recently installed Windows 11 on my second NVMe drive, the Kingston KC2500, replacing the Plextor M9PeG. However, I encountered an issue with hibernation not working properly. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that enabling core isolation, VM platform, or hypervisor...
  10. Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem: The GOODIX MOC Fingerprint reader was not restarting after my laptop went into Hibernate. It took 5 days to figure this out with deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint driver. That was only a temporary fix bevause it mysteriously quit working again after every driver...