Windows 10: hibernate option doesn't show on power menu

Discus and support hibernate option doesn't show on power menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hibernation works. I just don't have the option to select it from the power menu bar. I tried to turn it on using gpedit.msc. I don't see the option in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonynca, Feb 16, 2020.

1. hibernate option doesn't show on power menu

Hibernation works. I just don't have the option to select it from the power menu bar. I tried to turn it on using gpedit.msc. I don't see the option in my power options to enable it.

I have a Lenovo x1c6. Thanks.

submitted by /u/tonynca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tonynca, Feb 16, 2020

2. Power Options

Let's try with the following suggestions:

Open Control Panel and navigate to Hardware and Sound > Power Options.

Click Choose what the power buttons do.

Next click the Change Settings that are currently unavailable link. This will allow you to change shutdown options.

Check the Hibernate (Show in Power menu). Hibernate start menu windows 10

Click on Save changes and that’s it.

DouglasMillar69, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Add Hibernate option to Start Menu

Hi,

Just for clarification, why you can not check the Hibernate option in Settings? Is it grayed out?

For now, we suggest that you perform Power troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press Enter.
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click View All on the left pane.
    • Select Power.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Kindly update us on the result.

Marby Rey, Feb 16, 2020
  4. hibernate option doesn't show on power menu

Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

hibernate option doesn't show on power menu

1. hibernate option doesn't show on power menu - Similar Threads - hibernate option doesn't

2. Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu: I have a brand new Dell Latitude 7640 running Windows 11 Enterprise version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. I cannot get the bibernate option to appear in the power menu. I've attempted adding it in the settings:I've also added it using Command Prompt, per the instructions in this...
  3. Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu: I have a brand new Dell Latitude 7640 running Windows 11 Enterprise version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. I cannot get the bibernate option to appear in the power menu. I've attempted adding it in the settings:I've also added it using Command Prompt, per the instructions in this...
  4. Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11: Win 11 operating systemWhen I bought my computer 2 years ago, one of the set-up functions I performed was to put Hibernate in as one of my power options. Then a few days ago it disappeared from my power menu, along with the power function of the Control panelTo be specific,...
  5. Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate option has disappeared from my power menu Win 11: Win 11 operating systemWhen I bought my computer 2 years ago, one of the set-up functions I performed was to put Hibernate in as one of my power options. Then a few days ago it disappeared from my power menu, along with the power function of the Control panelTo be specific,...
  6. Hibernate power option not showing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate power option not showing: Hi,Certain power options, including hibernate, aren't showing in power options. I've reinstalled my GPU driver GTX 1660 Super but nothing changed. If it helps in answering the question, there's also an unknown device showing in device manager....
  7. Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options

Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options: Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, 2004 Control Panel -> Power Options, Hibernate is unchecked and there is no menu entry for it However, the machine does enter hibernate mode after sleeping for some time. This does not happen 100% of time but frequent enough. C:\hiberfil.sys is...
  8. Missing Hibernate Button/Action in Power Menu.

Missing Hibernate Button/Action in Power Menu.: Trying to get the hibernate button/action back in the power menu on Windows 10 1903. Any help is appreciated. *Wink [img] 134426
  9. windows 10, Power options, hibernate

windows 10, Power options, hibernate: Using Windows 10 on desktop computer, how to put computer in hibernate vs sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-power-options-hibernate/44f4e8e3-1eac-4dcd-a36f-0395c53ef99e
  10. No Sleep Option in Power Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep Option in Power Menu: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the board have solved it yet. There simply isn't a Sleep option for the computer in Windows 10. I've tried to go and add it like it...