Windows 10: hibernate problem event 45 volmgr

Discus and support hibernate problem event 45 volmgr in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; whenever I try to hibernate my PC, I get the event 45 volmgr error in event logger, and the system returns to lock screen. There are two ways to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by XavierXing, Dec 29, 2019.

1. hibernate problem event 45 volmgr

whenever I try to hibernate my PC, I get the event 45 volmgr error in event logger, and the system returns to lock screen.

There are two ways to reproduce:
    1. Manually clicking "hibernate" in power menu;

2. Automatically as usually happens after the system sleeps for the prespecified time. This is more serious, since normally it will go to hibernation atuomatically after sleeping for a while, but now it wakes to try to hibernate and remains awake until battery is depleted.

Below is the error information

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="volmgr" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49156">45</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2019-12-29T07:49:43.012772800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1011</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>XavierMiBook</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data>\Device\HarddiskVolume4</Data>
    <Binary>0000000001000000000000002D0004C003200000100000C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

XavierXing, Dec 29, 2019

2. Cannot sleep/hibernate because of Error 45 Volmgr

Hello,

I'm having an irritating problem on Windows 10 x64 version 1803 since a couple of months (I can't remember exactly when it started). It often fails to sleep/hibernate, the screen turns black but sleep/hibernation fails and I find myself back to the lockscreen.

It turns out that every time this happens I can see the following error in the event viewer : Event 45, volmgr, The system could not successfully load the crash dump driver.

My online researches led me to problems linked to Truecrypt full-disk encryption. I use Veracrypt but not its full-disk encryption feature and I don't have any key other than dumpfve.sys in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl.

If I kill most of the programs that seem to consume resources the computer will eventually sleep/hibernate but I couldn't find any obvious pattern (like killing this program and that program would do the trick).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sclarckone, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Dec 29, 2019
  4. netdudeuk Win User

hibernate problem event 45 volmgr

Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update

Here's some more info -

Without making any changes, the machine has just quickly shut down three times. There were no volmgr events logged after I rebooted the machine.

However, I went to reboot (as opposed to shutdown) the machine and it took ages to shut down and then
    did not reboot.

I also got the volmgr event again during the boot up process.

netdudeuk, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

hibernate problem event 45 volmgr

1. hibernate problem event 45 volmgr - Similar Threads - hibernate problem event

2. BSOD, Event 162 : Volmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, Event 162 : Volmgr: I had a BSOD in my laptop, just after starting it from hibernation. In the event viewer the event is 162: Volmgr The minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvSVTEEdXRTkislhyQKH_vsyvtN-jA?e=SyooOP My laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gen 6 - 15.6" FullHD AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB...
  3. BSOD, Event 162 : Volmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD, Event 162 : Volmgr: I had a BSOD in my laptop, just after starting it from hibernation. In the event viewer the event is 162: Volmgr The minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvSVTEEdXRTkislhyQKH_vsyvtN-jA?e=SyooOP My laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gen 6 - 15.6" FullHD AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB...
  4. Daily Crashes Event 162 Volmgr

Daily Crashes Event 162 Volmgr: I have been having daily and sometimes multiple times per day crashes. In event viewer, it is listed as event 162 Volmgr. The error is listed as Dump file generation succeeded.Here is my latest dump file hopefully someone can provide insight.Furthermore, SFC scan now shows no...
  5. Hibernate/sleep problem, external hdd, event 45 volmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate/sleep problem, external hdd, event 45 volmgr: So google tells me this problem has existed for like 15 years. Neato.Firstly: This problem has something to do with external harddrives! Every internet forum seems to be baffled by what the root of this is. This started for me after I replaced/upgraded my external harddrive!!...
  6. Hibernate/sleep problem, external hdd, event 45 volmgr

Hibernate/sleep problem, external hdd, event 45 volmgr: So google tells me this problem has existed for like 15 years. Neato.Firstly: This problem has something to do with external harddrives! Every internet forum seems to be baffled by what the root of this is. This started for me after I replaced/upgraded my external harddrive!!...
  7. Hibernate/sleep problem, external hdd, event 45 volmgr

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  9. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  10. event 161, volmgr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    event 161, volmgr: I bought this asus GL502VSK a few years ago and out of the box it had issues where during gaming it would freeze and the restart. As of the new Path of Exile league it is doing it even more. I did some research and pulled this event code. I flashed the bios as mine was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volmgr error 45