Windows 10: Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset)

Discus and support Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the last Windows Update three days ago, waking up from Hibernate has been a problem. When going into Hibernate the computer completely shuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by compupix, Jan 26, 2019.

1. compupix Win User

Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset)

Since the last Windows Update three days ago, waking up from Hibernate has been a problem. When going into Hibernate the computer completely shuts down. The power switch I normally use is not illuminated and has no effect. I must toggle the power switch on the power supply, then the front power switch illuminates (yellow-orange instead of the normal white) and can be used to restart the computer.

Current Windows 10 Home Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Make and Model: Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
    1. Changed advanced power settings: Device Manager: All USB Root Hubs: Power Management: Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”
    2. System Restore to the previous configuration. (After testing, I returned to the latest version as indicated above.)
    3. Changed “Fast startup” setting
    4. Disabling and Reenabling Hibernate using cmd (powercfg -h off)
    5. Power Troubleshooter
    6. System Config: Boot: Safe Boot: the problem exists in Safe Mode.
    Thanks

:)

compupix, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

Windows 10 Restarts During Hibernation (works fine otherwise) -- Kernel Power Error

We suggest that you search for Power Option, here's how:

• Click on Change plan Settings next to what power plan is selected.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings,
    • Expand Sleep and make sure to set Allow hybrid sleep and Hibernate after to Never or 0.
    • Expand Hard Disk and set Turn off hard disk after to Never or 0.
    • Click Apply then OK.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jan 26, 2019
  3. lx07 Win User
    Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?

If you disconnect the power then there is no power irrespective of the state of the PC when you did it.

If it was shut down, in sleep mode or on the desktop when you reconnect the power and restart it will do a full boot. The last 2 are not advisable as you may lose data and/or get a corrupt system.

If it was in Hibernate or Hybrid Sleep mode then when you reconnect the power it will restore the contents of RAM from disk and resume where you left off. That's why you can change a laptop battery when it is hibernating for example.

Having said that I always follow the same steps as you anyway Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset) :)

4. Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset)

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset)

1. Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset) - Similar Threads - Hibernate Requires Hard

2. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.: I have set the windows power settings as it put my system to hibernate when I close the lid on power off , but do nothing when power supply is on. I observe that when lid is closed and power supply is removed it doesn't hibernate the laptop?...
  3. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.: I have set the windows power settings as it put my system to hibernate when I close the lid on power off , but do nothing when power supply is on. I observe that when lid is closed and power supply is removed it doesn't hibernate the laptop?...
  4. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  6. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  7. Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41: My computer consistently freezes while playing video game. When the computer freezes it locks solid leaving the last thing on the screen and the audio glitches out as well sounding like its just playing the last sound extended until I long press the power button. Event Viewer...
  8. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Uninterruptible Power Supply a Requirement?

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninterruptible Power Supply a Requirement?: Should it be a part of the 'test for readiness' of a system that it has a functioning uninterruptible power supply that will run the system long enough to allow any and all 'automatic updates to Windows 10.' In their wisdom, Microsoft tells us 'do not turn off your...
  10. Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?: Hello all, I have 3 questions regarding putting a PC into a lower energystate. 1. Can the PC be damaged if I turn off and remove the Power Supply and opening the case to clean the PC, while the PC is in Hibernation Mode instead of having it fully shut down? 2. I've...