Windows 10: Hibernate Slow to restart

Discus and support Hibernate Slow to restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KowhaiAKL, Aug 7, 2019.

1. KowhaiAKL Win User

Hibernate Slow to restart

Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work

Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation.

:)

KowhaiAKL, Aug 7, 2019

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 7, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Hibernate Slow to restart - Similar Threads - Hibernate Slow restart

2. System Does a Full restart from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Does a Full restart from Hibernation: Just upgraded to Win 10 from 7. When ever I turn on my box to recover from hibernation. It says encountered a problem and is fixing then performs a boot from scratch. It refers to a kernel data inpage error and a 0xc000001 error. Machine is an HP Pavilion g I found a...
  3. System Does Full Restart From Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Does Full Restart From Hibernation: Just upgraded to Win 10 from 7. When ever I turn on my box to recover from hibernation. It says encountered a problem and is fixing then performs a boot from scratch. It refers to a kernel data inpage error and a 0xc000001 error. Machine is an HP Pavilion g I found a...
  4. Restart very slow?

Restart very slow?: Hey Guys I have fast start up enabled ( it's ticked but greyed out , reg enrty is set to 1 ) But I have set hibernation to never, will this combo work? Time I get is around 14 secs. Also the restart option seems extremely slow ie around 1 minute, is this normal? Is...
  5. Fast boot, slow restart

Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  6. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...
  7. Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.: When I resume my laptop from hibernation it does the following: - the windows logo and circle of dots appears - then the screen goes black - then I get a coloured screen with circle of rotating dots - then a sound which is like a USB device being inserted and immediately...
  8. Very slow restart

Very slow restart: Before I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 it took only about a minute to restart. After the upgrade to Win 10 it takes about 5 minutes to restart. How do I fix this? 23718
  9. Slow restart and boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow restart and boot: Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ? 63858
  10. Windows 10 Slow on Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Slow on Restart: Hi Guys, I have recently just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 via the recommended way. However, I have noticed it take a bit longer to start up and restart than Windows 8, it's like I have gone back to Win Vista or 7. Firstly is this just teething issues and does...