Windows 10: Hibernate Slow to restart

Discus and support Hibernate Slow to restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KowhaiAKL, Aug 7, 2019.

1. KowhaiAKL Win User

Hibernate Slow to restart

Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work

Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation.

:)

KowhaiAKL, Aug 7, 2019

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 7, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Hibernate Slow to restart - Similar Threads - Hibernate Slow restart

2. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The computer restarts after hibernation.

The computer restarts after hibernation.: The problem already exists for several users in the organization. All computers are up to date -20H2build 19042.906 Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-restarts-after-hibernation/76e37d08-3e37-4a85-85f8-9e5dab044d18
  6. Computer slow after Hibernating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer slow after Hibernating: Hey Guys, My PC runs really slowly after waking up from hibernating. My Windows 10 is on a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD. Im also running a Ryzen 7 3800X, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, GTX 1060 6GB. So no idea why so slow. RAM and CPU usage seem fine after hibernate. Ran a Malware scan today,...
  7. Sleep and Hibernate Slow Down of System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sleep and Hibernate Slow Down of System: My laptop on start work perfectly. But when on wake up after a sleep or hibernate, on Opening up the My Computer from the desktop, or be it creating any folder it all slows down. The green bar keeps on going and take for ever. Sometimes on opening up it shows nothing and...
  8. PC restarting instead of hibernate

PC restarting instead of hibernate: My PC restarts whenever it goes into hibernating after being unused for some time. It shows a blue screen with this error code CRITITAL_PROCESS_DIED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-instead-of-hibernate/5a1b4944-75b8-48ee-8d6a-154e180f32d9
  9. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  10. Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.: When I resume my laptop from hibernation it does the following: - the windows logo and circle of dots appears - then the screen goes black - then I get a coloured screen with circle of rotating dots - then a sound which is like a USB device being inserted and immediately...