Windows 10: Hibernate trouble

Discus and support Hibernate trouble in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I am running windows 10 on my yoga 910 laptop. I tend to put my laptop to "hibernate" and I have noticed the last few times that does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PourGrammar, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Hibernate trouble

Hi there, I am running windows 10 on my yoga 910 laptop. I tend to put my laptop to "hibernate" and I have noticed the last few times that does not always work and I do not know what changed or happened to cause that.

My battery is charged and when I go to reopen my laptop it wakes up fresh like it was just turned on. Also my icons on my desktop get rearranged.

Please help and thank you in advance.

:)

PourGrammar, Oct 3, 2017

2. hibernating windows 10

I am having trouble with this myself, and I see no Hibernate option when I go into Power Options.

HenryLever, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 hibernate

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with windows 10 hibernation.

I'm performing the following steps :

1) put my computer in hibernate mode.

2) press the power key.

upon pressing the power key my computer will turn on for a moment and will shutdown automatically.

When I press the power button again it will restart instead on resuming hibernation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vaibhav Kansara, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Hibernate trouble

Hi PourGrammer. Welcome to the TenFourms @PourGrammar

If you have system restore enabled and you know with some certainty when this occurred you can restore to a point just before issue started.

Before doing that look at your Windows update history and see what has been delivered since the time the problem started. You very well will see a mix of software and driver updates. I'm thinking this is a driver issue. If a driver has been updated you could enter device manager, find that device and roll back the driver. Then run a test.

If you identify a bad driver then you will have to tell windows to layoff the driver updates.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
Thema:

Hibernate trouble

1. Hibernate trouble - Similar Threads - Hibernate trouble

2. Why is Hibernate off by default in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is Hibernate off by default in Windows 10?: Hello, Why is Hibernate off by default in Windows 10? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-hibernate-off-by-default-in-windows-10/c104747f-6a29-43ae-aab8-ea8f1053f4eb
  3. Laptop restarts when put to sleep, shut down, or put into hibernate after Windows 1903 update

Laptop restarts when put to sleep, shut down, or put into hibernate after Windows 1903 update: My Dell XPS 9570 will automatically restart without being prompted to when I select any of the power options (sleep, shut down, hibernate, restart). It appears to execute whatever command I have selected, and then continue to restart within about 30 seconds of being put to...
  4. System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state

System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state: There is a issue on my system, my power setting as below. when my system was in sleep state, I found it would be awakened to desktop instead of went into hibernate state after 180 minutes. If I disable the RTC wake support for hibernate,the system could went into hibernate...
  5. Sleep and Hibernate Ignored

Sleep and Hibernate Ignored: Starting about a week ago my Win 10 system doesn't sleep or hibernate as I request. Although it appears to be OK when I click on "Sleep" or "Hibernate" when I leave the office, when I return a few hours later it only resumes with a restart. In the past they both worked fine,...
  6. BSOD After Putting PC in Hibernation Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Putting PC in Hibernation Mode: I've recently faced a BSOD mentioning the following “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” after shutting the machine in hibernation mode and IDK whether this is normal if I left so many apps not closed or this is might indicate a driver malfunction or error. ,Unfortunately I...
  7. BSOD After Puttng PC in Hibernation Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Puttng PC in Hibernation Mode: I've recently faced a BSOD mentioning the following “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” after shutting the machine in hibernation mode and IDK whether this is normal if I left so many apps not closed or this is might indicate a driver malfunction or error. ,Unfortunately I...
  8. Hibernate Slow to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hibernate Slow to restart: Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation....
  9. New update causes Windows to shutdown instead of sleep or hibernate

New update causes Windows to shutdown instead of sleep or hibernate: After the most recent updates the past two weeks, when ever I put my computer to sleep or hibernate, my laptop fully shuts down. It closes all applications. It takes the normal turn on time rather than the expedited wake up from sleep mode. Not sure if there is a fix or if a...
  10. Trouble hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble hibernating: Hello group, I'm running Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop, which I have set to hibernate when I close the lid. Sometimes, but not always, when I open the lid I get my desktop screen immediately instead of the computer going through the usual...