Windows 10: Hibernate trouble

Discus and support Hibernate trouble in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I am running windows 10 on my yoga 910 laptop. I tend to put my laptop to "hibernate" and I have noticed the last few times that does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PourGrammar, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Hibernate trouble

Hi there, I am running windows 10 on my yoga 910 laptop. I tend to put my laptop to "hibernate" and I have noticed the last few times that does not always work and I do not know what changed or happened to cause that.

My battery is charged and when I go to reopen my laptop it wakes up fresh like it was just turned on. Also my icons on my desktop get rearranged.

Please help and thank you in advance.

:)

PourGrammar, Oct 3, 2017

2. hibernating windows 10

I am having trouble with this myself, and I see no Hibernate option when I go into Power Options.

HenryLever, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 hibernate

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with windows 10 hibernation.

I'm performing the following steps :

1) put my computer in hibernate mode.

2) press the power key.

upon pressing the power key my computer will turn on for a moment and will shutdown automatically.

When I press the power button again it will restart instead on resuming hibernation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vaibhav Kansara, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Hibernate trouble

Hi PourGrammer. Welcome to the TenFourms @PourGrammar

If you have system restore enabled and you know with some certainty when this occurred you can restore to a point just before issue started.

Before doing that look at your Windows update history and see what has been delivered since the time the problem started. You very well will see a mix of software and driver updates. I'm thinking this is a driver issue. If a driver has been updated you could enter device manager, find that device and roll back the driver. Then run a test.

If you identify a bad driver then you will have to tell windows to layoff the driver updates.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
Thema:

Hibernate trouble

1. Hibernate trouble - Similar Threads - Hibernate trouble

2. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  3. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  4. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  6. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  7. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  8. Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation

Windows Setup After Waking From Hibernation: Hi, randomly my laptop will enter the windows 11 setup screen after boot up -- as if I've just started the computer for the first time. It only goes through a handful of Qs but not the full setup. For example, it asks if I want to use Bing as my default search provider in...
  9. “Hibernating” and more troubles to come

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    “Hibernating” and more troubles to come: When i turned my pc (windows 10) on, it started hibernating and wasnt going anywhere. So i forced shut down by pressing the power on/off button for 10 seconds. It did turn off, but it wouldnt turn back on. I pressed and held the power on/off button, or simply just rapped on...
  10. Trouble hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble hibernating: Hello group, I'm running Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop, which I have set to hibernate when I close the lid. Sometimes, but not always, when I open the lid I get my desktop screen immediately instead of the computer going through the usual...