Windows 10: Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

Discus and support Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop with Windows 10. Hibernate used to work on my laptop. However, now it only turns off my screen my screen goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Teri222, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Teri222 Win User

Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop with Windows 10. Hibernate used to work on my laptop. However, now it only turns off my screen my screen goes black and the power stays on my power button's light remains on. If I touch my touch pad or press any key, then the screen immediately turns back on.

I installed some Windows Updates about five days prior to when my issue started, so I'm pretty sure my issue is unrelated to Windows Updates.

I tend to use hibernate often, so I'm not sure if this would affect this feature over time.

I tried restarting my laptop and then clicking on hibernate, but this didn't resolve the issue.

Can you please help me to fix the hibernate feature?

Thank you!

:)

Teri222, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

1. Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on - Similar Threads - Hibernate turns off

2. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  3. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  4. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hibernating turns the PC off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernating turns the PC off: Whenever I hibernate the computer, it ends up doing a fresh restart when boot the system. Any ideas why this might be happening? submitted by /u/thunderbong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kizla2/hibernating_turns_the_pc_off/
  6. Turn off all power on shutdown but keep hibernation option

Turn off all power on shutdown but keep hibernation option: I am getting really frustrated by this, enough to post a question here: Since I updated my system to Windows 10, my USB ports and other auxiliaries stay powered after I shut down the computer. This leads to my audio interface rapidly blinking its blue LED because some...
  7. Turning off Hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Hibernation: What's the difference between disabling hibernation through the power settings by selecting "never" in the hibernation section or using the command "powercfg.exe /h off" in the command line? submitted by /u/JoaoVieira16 [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on: Laptop: MSI GT73RE Titan (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) GeForce GTX 1070 As of recently (last week) will not go in to hibernate. After a restart, it usually will the first time or two. But after that, the screen will shut off, the power and GPU buttonswill still be lit, and the...
  9. Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down

Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down: I have a self-built PC, motherboard: Biostar TPower I55 CPU: Core I5 750 @ 2.67Ghz Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17763 When the PC is shut down completely, using "Shut down" from the start menu, the PC stays turned off. When the PC is hibernated, using "Hibernate" from the...
  10. Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.: My computer very often fails to turn itself off when I shut it down or hibernate it. It started after I installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS. First, I shrank and moved the Windows partitions. After setting up the operations in AOMEI 6.5, I clicked "Apply" and "Restart," and after the...