Windows 10: Hibernate vs. Sleep: Exiting with Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse and Avoiding Crash

Discus and support Hibernate vs. Sleep: Exiting with Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse and Avoiding Crash in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Model Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eausnap, May 2, 2020.

1. eausnap Win User

Hibernate vs. Sleep: Exiting with Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse and Avoiding Crash

Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Model Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

When I enter sleep for a while I can't exit using any bluetooth devices and it sometimes crashes on me. When I enter hibernate, I can exit using Bluetooth devices and no crash. Any thoughts? I guess I would prefer hibernate mode over sleep anyway because it uses less power and with the SSD it appears to be roughly the same speed if not faster exiting than sleep mode.

I was able to switch off sleep and turn hibernate mode after 30 minutes in the advanced power settings.

Power Settings -> Additional power settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Sleep -> Hibernate After -> Setting enter time period

:)

eausnap, May 2, 2020
  2. Pauley Win User

Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click

I have multiple computers with the Win10 (64 bit) update. On two of the computers, if I enter the lock screen by using the Start-L keyboard shortcut, I can exit the lock screen (and enter the log on screen) by clicking the mouse or hitting a key. However, if there has been an extended period of time (e.g. overnight), on one computer I can only exit the lock screen by pressing a mouse button. On another computer I can only exit the lock screen by hitting the keyboard. I would like it to be able to use either to exit the lock screen. Some deltas:
    Computer 1 (mouse exit works) has wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
    Computer 2 (keyboard exit works) has a wireless keyboard, but it is IR (so the IR receiver is tied to a USB port). The mouse is a Wacom mouse that works with my drawing tablet. The tablet is attached via USB.
    I upgraded both computers from WinXP 64bit, and did not have this issue.
    Any ideas? I'm thinking the devices must be entering some quiescent state when 'off' for a period of time, but, like I said, this did not happen with XP.

Pauley, May 2, 2020
  3. bluetooth keyboard and mouse

i have the mirosoft bluetooth keyboard / mouse and i cant use it untill windows boots up meaning i have to plug up a corded keyboard to get to the bios durins stratup or post

does anyone know about this is there a fix tried searching myself no luck

tony929292, May 2, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bluetooth driver goes missing when using with Surface wireless keyboard and mouse

Hi Lawrence,

This issue may have occurred due to connection issue between your computer and with the mouse and keyboard, or a software conflict. Since the driver is updated, we suggest that you check these articles for further troubleshooting steps:

Meanwhile, can you also tell us the current driver that you have?

Get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Hibernate vs. Sleep: Exiting with Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse and Avoiding Crash - Similar Threads - Hibernate Sleep Exiting

2. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  3. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  4. Fail to Exit from long Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fail to Exit from long Sleep/Hibernate: This has been happening for quite a while to meWinDBG determine the culprit to be tcpip.sys, ['a device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time'], in another word, the network driverhowever, no matter what i tried except a clean install-power troubleshooting - no...
  5. Sleep option missing, Hibernate waking like sleep from mouse and keyboard on new build

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option missing, Hibernate waking like sleep from mouse and keyboard on new build: Problem I built a new PC. When I tell it to hibernate and wait a few seconds for fans and lights to stop, it wakes when I press a key on my keyboard as if it were sleeping. I am pretty sure it is sleeping. Also, "Sleep" is not available in the start menu power options....
  6. Hibernate vs Sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hibernate vs Sleep: How do I shut off hibernate? I want my computer to completely shut down and not use any battery power, but every time I shut down, it just hibernates. Opening my lid starts the computer and I don't want that. Thank you!!...
  7. Bluetooth mouse sleeping

Bluetooth mouse sleeping: Hi chaps. I am having a spot of bother with my Bluetooth mouse. For some peculiar reason the scroll wheel sleeps after about 10 seconds or so. The rest of the mouse doesn't. Its getting extremely irritating, as it takes a couple of seconds to start responding again. I have...
  8. Hibernate vs Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hibernate vs Sleep: Should I hibernate my computer or Keep it in Sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate-vs-sleep/a39bb801-16df-4e20-a1c7-e444d5ddd29d
  9. Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi, Basically i'm using the Microsoft Modern Keyboard/Mouse. Everything is working great except every time I boot my computer I get the bios error "No Keyboard detected" Is there anyway to get rid of this message as it delays the boot by about 5 seconds? Thanks...
  10. Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down: [Note: I am running Windows 10 on the new Retina MacBook via Boot Camp] I've been a Windows user for 20 years so I know the differences between each of these. But in Windows 10 I am experiencing significant battery drains that are not consistent with the performance from...