Windows 10: Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

Discus and support Hibernate waking up on mouse movement in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NuclearSlayer52, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when i move my mouse it wakes it up...

when its in sleep id expect that mouse/keyboard signals to wake it up but when i hibernate id expect it to be a requirement for me to press the power button to start it again...

only noticeable difference between them is that the power button blinks when its in sleep mode and in hibernate it shows the initial screen with the F2 for bios thing... no other noticeable changes...

does anyone know why it acts this way? from memory it went into hibernate and required the power button to be hit but not sure

:)

NuclearSlayer52, Oct 30, 2018
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Oct 31, 2018
  3. MaryDavey Win User
    How to wake from Hibernate

I managed to re-enable hibernate after upgrading to Windows 10, however:

It didn't wake on mouse movement although the mouse had remained powered.

It didn't wake on keyboard - the method I usually use.

It didn't wake on LAN, I didn't power down the router.

It didn't even wake on power button, not for a short press and not for a long press.

The only method that worked was to drop power externally - fortunately this is a desktop or I would have had to extract the battery - reconnect power and start with the power button.

I'm fine with technical answers, including Registry hacks.

MaryDavey, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

Windows wakes from sleep upon mouse movement

Hello,

suddenly my Win10 started to turn on my PC on mouse movement. I haven't changed any options in Win10, and have neer experienced this in any Win versions. So far I have tried this:

- went to Device manager, right-clicked Mouse and other pointing devices, right-clicked mouse for properties/power management and finally un-ticked "Allow this device to wake my computer" (which by the way I have never ticked).

This ofcourse didn't work, what else to do ??

My mouse is Logitech wireless Marathon mouse m705.

Thanks in advance !

Win10 starts on mouse movement- Original Title

LukaCiglar, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

1. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement - Similar Threads - Hibernate waking mouse

2. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  3. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  4. Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke: Dell Inspiron. Running Windows 11 with the latest update.My PC no longer wakes from sleep mode when I move the mouse or strike a key on my keyboard. I am using Logitech mouse and keyboard. I have gone into device management and changed the power settings instructing windows...
  5. Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke

Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke: Dell Inspiron. Running Windows 11 with the latest update.My PC no longer wakes from sleep mode when I move the mouse or strike a key on my keyboard. I am using Logitech mouse and keyboard. I have gone into device management and changed the power settings instructing windows...
  6. Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate: On my Windows 11 PC, it used to be that the Bluetooth mouse would wake up instantly from Hibernate. Now, it takes close to 1 minute to connect to the laptop after starting PC from Hibernate. Please advise any solution. Thank you....
  7. Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate

Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate: On my Windows 11 PC, it used to be that the Bluetooth mouse would wake up instantly from Hibernate. Now, it takes close to 1 minute to connect to the laptop after starting PC from Hibernate. Please advise any solution. Thank you....
  8. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...
  9. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse: HI, i do use hibernation option instead of sleep to conserve battery life is there away to wake up from keyboard or mouse in normal sleep PC woke up easily from any mouse click or keyboard...
  10. System do not wake up by mouse movements

System do not wake up by mouse movements: Window-10 1903 Under power options my settings are Screen When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes. Sleep when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes. The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ???? device manager: Under...