Windows 10: hibernate works like shutdown !! win10

Discus and support hibernate works like shutdown !! win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi friends when I using hibernate it works like full shutdown. I change & customized and restore Power options setting However, the problem not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ashk_tje, Sep 11, 2018.

1. ashk_tje Win User

hibernate works like shutdown !! win10

Hi friends

when I using hibernate it works like full shutdown.

I change & customized and restore Power options setting However, the problem not Solved.

This happened when I deleted the previous Windows 10 after a long time and installed a new version of Windows 10.
    All drivers and the Windows are up-to-date.

Please help me

:)

ashk_tje, Sep 11, 2018

2. Desktop Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate Icons

I discovered some time ago a simple means of adding two desktop icons to cover Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. I now use these icons all the time as it avoids using the Start procedure, which I never use at all unless I wish to Restart immediately after shutdown. Even then, I tend to use my desktop icons. Just close the browser, click the desktop icon and it is done.

On your desktop, right click the free space, then click new shortcut, you get a Wizard, copy/paste the command for the location type from one of the below commands (in this case, %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState ). Then click Next. You are asked to give it a title - Standby, Hibernate or Shutdown, I suggest using "Standby/Hibernate", click Finish.

Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
    Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
    Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
    Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Hibernate: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
    I have listed Hibernate for reference only, as the Hibernate desktop icon does not work for systems reasons, Hibernate can only be achieved by manually using the Power Options properties panel.

Use CNTRL+C to copy and CNTRL+V to paste.

Hibernate is automatic if the Hibernate box is checked in the Power Options properties panel. If the box is not checked, then Standby is automatic. You have to select this box to give you the option you want.

Standby is more convenient if you are using the PC constantly, it is a quicker recovery, but has a power trickle. For long periods of absence, use Hibernate, it is much slower in recovering, but effectively shuts your computer down.

The Power options panel is found by Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate.

The two desktop icons created can be changed by Right clicking the icon then Properties>Change icon>Browse>Windows 32>shell32dll>select icon>OK>Apply>OK
    You now have two brand new icons on your desktop for Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. It works a treat.

My icons are :-

hibernate works like shutdown !! win10 Desktopicons-1.jpg

Bald Eagle, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 does not hibernate properly (after Creators update)

My hibernation (after Win10 ver. 1709) was acting like a "shutdown". Your five-step instructions fixed it. Thank you!

PaulKabbash, Sep 11, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Personally, I just turn off Hibernation, as it has never worked properly in W10 for me. It's also quite a common problem. I notice that startup and shutdown are very speedy without it. and actually seem to have sped up without fast start (which depends on hibernation of the kernel) enabled, as it "learns."

rtwjunkie, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. hibernate works like shutdown !! win10 - Similar Threads - hibernate works shutdown

2. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  3. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  4. W10 Hibernation - shutdown query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Hibernation - shutdown query: With hibernation turned ON, the windows shutdown does not make a proper shutdown, it's still using hibernation feature - To do a proper reboot of the whole system I need to do a Restart. Is there any way to make the system work in such way, that hibernation works only when I...
  5. Abnormal Shutdown during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Abnormal Shutdown during Hibernate: Dear all,I hope you may help me in this situation.I have a fairly recent Dell XPS 9500, i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16,0 GB, 4k touch display.I am on the Dev insider ring, and currently on the last 21634 release.I am pretty satisfied with the system even if I have to admit the...
  6. Unable to hibernate or shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to hibernate or shutdown in Windows 10: Hi, I am unable to shutdown or hibernate in Windows 10. Shutdown works only after disabling Fast Startup. I turned off hibernation and turned it back on using command line. Removed and added power plans. Removed and installed both AMD (CPU) and NVIDIA (GPU) display drivers....
  7. Hibernating and shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernating and shutdown: Hi All i have a problem when hibernating it wakes up after a while and the reason it says in event viewer is unknown and the powercfg -waketimer shows me nothing. 162306
  8. Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate

Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate: I have new HP Spectre x360 and from begining I am not able to shut it down or sleep or hibernate. It shut down and after 3-4 seconds boots backup again. I have already spent 3 days with solving it and i tried everything what i found on internet. I tried: - intel management...
  9. Hibernate Enabled but not working in Win10 Windows to Go

Hibernate Enabled but not working in Win10 Windows to Go: I have Windows 10 Home installed and activated (as Windows to Go) on an external Samsung T1 SSD. I enabled hibernation per the instructions here: Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. However, every time I attempt to hibernate, the screen goes black...
  10. shutdown after hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    shutdown after hibernate: hi Is my pc going to hibernate and then when i want to work afterwarts no problem. The problem is when i press the on off button of my desktop nothing happend. I can only sutdown my pc by the startmenu schutdown Why ? 82547

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 hibernate act like. Shutdown