Windows 10: “Hibernating” and more troubles to come

Discus and support “Hibernating” and more troubles to come in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i turned my pc (windows 10) on, it started hibernating and wasnt going anywhere. So i forced shut down by pressing the power on/off button for 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ColaLim, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ColaLim Win User

“Hibernating” and more troubles to come

When i turned my pc (windows 10) on, it started hibernating and wasnt going anywhere. So i forced shut down by pressing the power on/off button for 10 seconds. It did turn off, but it wouldnt turn back on. I pressed and held the power on/off button, or simply just rapped on it - nothing happened.

Did i actually break my pc?

:)

ColaLim, Oct 14, 2019

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Jr James Win User
    Freezing in hibernation after Windows 10 update

I've done the power troubleshooting you've suggested, and it found nothing. My computer is an HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx running the current bios of f49. The problem with the hibernate is not going into, but coming out of. When you try to restart the system
    goes into the loading windows screen with the "flag" icon, and starts the spinning dots (hour glass) and then freezes, as if it's possibly having trouble finding and/or retrieving the information stored when it hibernated. I am then forced to reboot, which
    then allows the system to start fine, with out recovering from hibernation. Oddly enough, I have checked the power options and none of the three power management options have hibernate turned on under any option (plugged in/battery). Since Hibernate is in
    the off mode, I'm not sure why it hibernates on it's own. None of these problems exist when the system just goes into sleep mode. I have also tried to duplicate the issue by putting the system into hibernation manually, and the issue still exists. Again,
    the issue seems to be with potentially the system not being able to retrieve the stored information when it tries to come out of hibernation.

My upgrade to windows was first done via Microsoft's automatic update, the first day the updates where available. I since have added a new hybrid hard drive and did a clean instal with an iso created from the media creation tool. I would like for the hibernate
    option to work. Please let me know if you need any further details. I do have an associates in computer networking, so feel free to get as technical as you'd like, if you decide to contact me.

Jr

Jr James, Oct 14, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. “Hibernating” and more troubles to come - Similar Threads - “Hibernating” more troubles

2. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  3. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  4. More trouble with magnifier.

More trouble with magnifier.: I can only type with one hand. Therefore I have to use Sticky Keys. To turn the Magnifier off: I hit Shift & Win esc. This works fine and I have been using it for sometime. On my keyboard the + is an upper case =. So to turn on the Magnifier I must hit Shift Win & Shift & =....
  5. More trouble at the Store

More trouble at the Store: (Yet again) I am having trouble with the Store. There are two main issues (1) many Apps will not install --- downloading starts but before completion it stops with ERROR, and repeat attempts also fail. The last time I had this, I had more than 20 Apps queuing, some new and...
  6. Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation: I'm trying to get an HP Envy x360 with Windows 10 to boot up. (Not my machine and don't have a lot of details about it.) Here's the history: 1. Initially got stuck on the "Please Wait ..." screen. After a long time, it would go to the log-in screen. When I tried to log...
  7. Hibernate trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate trouble: Hi there, I am running windows 10 on my yoga 910 laptop. I tend to put my laptop to "hibernate" and I have noticed the last few times that does not always work and I do not know what changed or happened to cause that. My battery is charged and when I go to reopen my laptop...
  8. Trouble hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble hibernating: Hello group, I'm running Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop, which I have set to hibernate when I close the lid. Sometimes, but not always, when I open the lid I get my desktop screen immediately instead of the computer going through the usual...
  9. More local account trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    More local account trouble: After I succeeded to install W10TP with a local account - which we know is not obvious and probably impossible to do by most users - I now get nagged with IMPORTANT security alerts if I don't sign into the MS account. Does anybody know what the possible security issue with a...
  10. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...