Windows 10: Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why

Discus and support Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Having an issue with hibernating. Running Windows 10 64 bit on a HP desktop quad core processor No problems until recently. Ran CMD as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FredricJLowe, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why

Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why 8fcd5387-d392-4e94-95c0-bcf4dee5d281?upload=true.jpg
    Having an issue with hibernating. Running Windows 10 64 bit on a HP desktop quad core processor

No problems until recently.

Ran CMD as an administrator and powercfg /requests and here is what it says for processes and services running in the image above:

How can I fix this?

:)

FredricJLowe, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Neily Win User

Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone

Hi I am wondering if some one advise me.
    I have used the option one fix on a legitamate version of windows 10 in a vm machine. It works for 2 to 7 days then its gone. The vm stops working then. A reapplication of step one fixes this quickly. It is just most frustrating finding that its stop working over night. it does also happen in day time but I usually spot it quickly.

Neily, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Power Hibernate Option Stops Working Correctly after Win10 1809 Upgrade

Hi Nikhar Khare,

Many thanks for taking the time to look into the problem.

To answer your questions:

• Is this happening all the time or is it intermittent? A: It has been happening all time ever the first boot-up since the Ver 1809 upgrade whenever the PC was turned hibernate either by Home key > power logo> Hibernate or by pressing
      the power button (which was set as hibernate. The hibernate function worked well up until last boot-up before the upgrade.
    • What is the make and model of your computer? A:
      The PC is a Dell Inspiron laptop. OS is Win 10 Home V1809 64-bit Build 17763.1
    Execution of your suggested solution protocol did not solve the problem.

Hopefully you can suggest other solutions for trying.

Regards!

JamesYoung888, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why

1. Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why - Similar Threads - Hibernating stopped working

2. Not sure why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure why: Why do I startup in selective startup when I tell it under the Boot config to Normal startup? Is there a setting in BIOS that I need to change? or I'm I am missing some DLLs My computer works fine under selective so maybe I should just leave it alone. I hear that MS is taking...
  3. Not sure why

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not sure why: Why do I startup in selective startup when I tell it under the Boot config to Normal startup? Is there a setting in BIOS that I need to change? or I'm I am missing some DLLs My computer works fine under selective so maybe I should just leave it alone. I hear that MS is taking...
  4. Not sure why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internal microphones Realtek stopped working in past 3 days.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal microphones Realtek stopped working in past 3 days.: Microphone does not work in Zoom or an online card game but does work in other apps. Recommended troubleshooting has not solved the problem. My laptop is an HP Pavilion Notebook running Win 10, all updates installed. Two driver updates were installed on the day it stopped...
  6. Why is windows 10 mobile hotspot so broken? It works few days then stops working. Hanging...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows 10 mobile hotspot so broken? It works few days then stops working. Hanging...: As above. It used to work on and off but recently can't get it to work at all. If i try sharing windscribe vpn and share connection via hotspot everyhing hangs, i can't connect to hotspot nor i can switch off. Have reset network so many times, restarted, reset PC, installed...
  7. Copy and paste stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  8. Why is the COPY and then PASTE so slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the COPY and then PASTE so slow?: Under Windows 10 (as well as Windows 7), I was copying the WINDOWS folder on my C: hard drive to a (brand-new - but old one acts the same) WD Backup drive. After doing the PASTE, it took hours to complete, with very little activity from me. I noticed that occasionally, it...
  9. Why come windows update is not working for the past 2 days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why come windows update is not working for the past 2 days: windows update is not working for the past two days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-come-windows-update-is-not-working-for-the/81f06bd7-027a-438c-9fbe-8b335c5c3cd8
  10. Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone: Hi I am wondering if some one advise me. I have used the option one fix on a legitamate version of windows 10 in a vm machine. It works for 2 to 7 days then its gone. The vm stops working then. A reapplication of step one fixes this quickly. It is just most frustrating...