Windows 10: Hibernating turns the PC off

Discus and support Hibernating turns the PC off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I hibernate the computer, it ends up doing a fresh restart when boot the system. Any ideas why this might be happening? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thunderbong, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Hibernating turns the PC off

Whenever I hibernate the computer, it ends up doing a fresh restart when boot the system.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

submitted by /u/thunderbong
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thunderbong, Dec 23, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Hibernating turns the PC off

Battery drain in hibernation

This is a volunteers forum. We cannot fix anything for you!

I would start by taking these steps:

1. Put Windows into hibernation.
    2. Get it out of hibernation.
    3. Check the time stamp of the hidden file C:\Hiberfil.sys. Does it reflect the time when you took Step 1 above? If it does not then the machine was not in hibernation.
    4. Before going to bed, make a note of the battery charge.
    5. Switch the machine off and unplug the power cord.
    6. Next morning, before plugging in the power cord but after turning it on, make another note of the battery charge. If there is a noticeable discharge then you have a leaky battery or a problem with the motherboard. Windows can't be the culprit because it
      was off all night.

Frederik Long, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Hibernating turns the PC off

1. Hibernating turns the PC off - Similar Threads - Hibernating turns off

2. Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation: Hi!For a while now my PC cant turn off completely as it will just restart as soon as it turns off, same if i put it on sleep mode or hibernation mode. I have tried reinstalling OS multiple times but its doesnt help. I have narrowed it down to being my connected devices waking...
  3. Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation: Hi!For a while now my PC cant turn off completely as it will just restart as soon as it turns off, same if i put it on sleep mode or hibernation mode. I have tried reinstalling OS multiple times but its doesnt help. I have narrowed it down to being my connected devices waking...
  4. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System occasionally turns off in hibernation: Hello,my system occasionally turns off in hibernation. I have severel programs open, which i don't want to start and rearrange everytime i start working after being afk for a while.My specs are:CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V...
  5. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System occasionally turns off in hibernation: Hello,my system occasionally turns off in hibernation. I have severel programs open, which i don't want to start and rearrange everytime i start working after being afk for a while.My specs are:CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V...
  6. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Pc turning on after hibernation problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turning on after hibernation problem: Hello everyone. I have a weird problem with my pc, after it goes into hibernation, waking it up doesn't always work. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes quite often nowadays it won't turn on fully, all leds turn on, fans ramp up but there is no video output, and the...
  8. Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on: Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop with Windows 10. Hibernate used to work on my laptop. However, now it only turns off my screen my screen goes black and the power stays on my power button's light remains on. If I touch my touch pad or press any key, then the screen...
  9. Turning off Hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Hibernation: What's the difference between disabling hibernation through the power settings by selecting "never" in the hibernation section or using the command "powercfg.exe /h off" in the command line? submitted by /u/JoaoVieira16 [link] [comments]...
  10. Have hibernate also turn off the monitor?

Have hibernate also turn off the monitor?: Hi all, I want to have my Windows 10 pc turn off its monitor whenever I put it in hibernate mode. Not in standby, but really off. Is that possible? Perhaps through some registry tweak? Regards, Paul...