Windows 10: Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution?

Discus and support Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey Forum I have an AhsayOBM 7.17.0.50 installed on a Windows 10 Pro Machine and my configured backup takes about 5 hours to complete, but the backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RandomWindowsUser_774, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution?

Hey Forum

I have an AhsayOBM 7.17.0.50 installed on a Windows 10 Pro Machine and my configured backup takes about 5 hours to complete, but the backup is stopped after 20 min.

Clearly this is the powersettings, but why does a Windows 10 pro 1803 with January update, go into sleep mode, while the backup application is running.

I would argue that a backup should be counted as an active backup and therefor it should not shutdown/hipernate the machine.

Why is the solution a powersetting change?

:)

RandomWindowsUser_774, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Sean8 Win User

Need a Backup Solution

Automatic backup

newtekie1 helped alot with what he suggested. Been using it for almost 2 weeks now works awesome.

Sean8, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 18, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution?

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution?

1. Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution? - Similar Threads - Hibernation activates during

2. Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Software solutions to frequently backup a single folder: I have a remote weather station and a Windows 11 machine which runs the Weather station software and nothing else.I need a backup solution which will only backup the weather station data folder, and which will do it every 30 minutes in an incremental backup manner. If the...
  3. Abnormal Shutdown during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Abnormal Shutdown during Hibernate: Dear all,I hope you may help me in this situation.I have a fairly recent Dell XPS 9500, i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 16,0 GB, 4k touch display.I am on the Dev insider ring, and currently on the last 21634 release.I am pretty satisfied with the system even if I have to admit the...
  4. Suggestions for external backup solution

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Suggestions for external backup solution: I hope this is the right section. A bit unsure where this question would be best posed. I have (very shamefully) been manually backing up all my work files for pretty much ever. Many years ago, at home solutions just seemed to be.... bad. Haha. Not purposeless and I am sure...
  5. Suggestions for external backup solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suggestions for external backup solution: I hope this is the right section. A bit unsure where this question would be best posed. I have (very shamefully) been manually backing up all my work files for pretty much ever. Many years ago, at home solutions just seemed to be.... bad. Haha. Not purposeless and I am sure...
  6. recovery of full backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery of full backup: I did a "full backup" to external 1TB harddrive on old laptop - how do I restore all files, pictures, favorites, etc. to new laptop? Looked at recovery under settings but getting nothing but confused. Any ideas?...
  7. Blown HDMI receptacle?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blown HDMI receptacle?: I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I opened the laptop and that was black too (it usually comes on) . Getting into panic mode, I did a hard shut down. I unplugged...
  8. Blown HDMI receptacle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blown HDMI receptacle?: I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I opened the laptop and that was black too (it usually comes on) . Getting into panic mode, I did a hard shut down. I unplugged...
  9. what is the best backup solution?

what is the best backup solution?: I currently have about 10 hard drives of different sizes but they are mostly 4TB, they are used to store some videos. But no backup for any drives now, they are working fine though. However, the drives are getting old, ranged from 2 to 4 years. I am now doing some sorting...
  10. Backup solutions for Small Business?

Backup solutions for Small Business?: What types of solutions out there would be a good first step when it comes to protecting the information of a small business? 109999