Windows 10: Hibernation causes a host of issues

Discus and support Hibernation causes a host of issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I like to hibernate my computer when I'm not using it because it turns essentially everything off without closing anything I have open, but recently it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RaphyJC, Jun 17, 2022.

1. RaphyJC Win User

Hibernation causes a host of issues

I like to hibernate my computer when I'm not using it because it turns essentially everything off without closing anything I have open, but recently it has been causing quite a few undesirable issues that I cannot seem to fix. 1. MouseUpon waking up from hibernation, my mouse works fine more or less but whenever I try to middle mouse click to scroll through a long page it immediately deactivates. It becomes an issue in some 3D modeling software as well, making it difficult for me to rotate or pan properly.I have tried:- Using a different mouse- Updating drivers- Reinstalling drivers- Troublesh

:)

RaphyJC, Jun 17, 2022

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jun 17, 2022
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Hibernation causes a host of issues

Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Hibernation causes a host of issues

1. Hibernation causes a host of issues - Similar Threads - Hibernation causes host

2. Sleep / Hibernate Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep / Hibernate Issues: Hi all - I have a new HP Spectre laptop and am having a strange issue. I have seen several others post on similar things but not exactly this one.I noticed that when I close the lid of my laptop it will not go into Sleep or Hibernate regardless of which setting I choose. Yes...
  3. Hibernation causes a host of issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation causes a host of issues: I like to hibernate my computer when I'm not using it because it turns essentially everything off without closing anything I have open, but recently it has been causing quite a few undesirable issues that I cannot seem to fix. 1. MouseUpon waking up from hibernation, my mouse...
  4. Hibernation causes a host of issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernation causes a host of issues: I like to hibernate my computer when I'm not using it because it turns essentially everything off without closing anything I have open, but recently it has been causing quite a few undesirable issues that I cannot seem to fix. 1. MouseUpon waking up from hibernation, my mouse...
  5. Sleep causes hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep causes hibernate: Why does my PC activate hibernate every time it goes to sleep, hibernate is activated after "powercfg /h off"? To clarify, the PC does sleep, not hibernate, it just turns hibernate on and creates hiberfil.sys. Fast startup is also disabled. EDIT: Problem solved, it was a...
  6. Issues with Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Hibernation: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. After the upgraded Windows 10 , I ran into issues of the Blue Screen. That got resolved by upgrading the network driver. Then came the issue of the wi fi going off and not connecting. Therefore I was advised to download the driver from the Lenovo...
  7. Hibernation causing a lot of problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation causing a lot of problems: I found this in this forum: Created on March 16, 2016 My computer won't wake up from hibernation in Windows 10 My computer recently stopped emerging from hibernation for no apparent reason and forced me to do hard reboots before functioning. I went to Device Manager as you...
  8. Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate issue: I have Dell inspiron 5559 laptop...os-windows 10. Recently when I was using my laptop it suddenly stoppednot even showing shutting down as if by battery was at 0% charge. But at that time charging cable was connected. Now when I use the laptop with charging cable connected...
  9. Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host: Hey everyone, I've recently noticed that my laptop is going to sleep when I press the power button. I've had it configured to hibernation previously. However, when I opened the power settings, neither the Fast Boot nor the hibernation was present. Not greyed out, but...
  10. Issues with hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with hibernation: I've been encountering some issues with waking up from hibernation that have been driving me nuts for quite a while. So, my laptop used to hibernate perfectly with no issues but a month ago this issue appeared. Mainly, when I hibernate my laptop it works good. But when I...