Windows 10: Hibernation causing a lot of problems

Discus and support Hibernation causing a lot of problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I found this in this forum: Created on March 16, 2016 My computer won't wake up from hibernation in Windows 10 My computer recently stopped emerging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by M.Hanchrow, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Hibernation causing a lot of problems

I found this in this forum:

Created on March 16, 2016

My computer won't wake up from hibernation in Windows 10
    My computer recently stopped emerging from hibernation for no apparent reason and forced me to do hard reboots before functioning. I went to Device Manager as you suggested and unticked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in 5 places: 2 Generic USB Hubs, 2 USB Root Hub and 1 USB Root Hub USB 3.0. That immediately resolved my issue. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. First, even though I have enabled Hibernate as one of the shutdown options, the machine does not remain shut off - the power light comes back on, flickering. At that point, nothing I do with keyboard or mouse brings up a live screen. If I press the power button enough times, the machine restarts, having closed everything I had open. That is the opposite of what I expect from hibernation - I want the power fully off, and when I turn the power back on, when I log in I want everything restored as it was when I hibernated the machine. This has worked for me on other machines for years, but not now.

I even specifically allowed both keyboard and mouse to awaken the machine, but the last time I let it sleep, I again got logged out when I tried to wake it up.

:)

M.Hanchrow, Jul 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Hibernation causing a lot of problems

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Hibernation causing a lot of problems

1. Hibernation causing a lot of problems - Similar Threads - Hibernation causing lot

2. Realtek Audio not working and is causing me lots of problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio not working and is causing me lots of problems: Hi there! My audio was working fine until I decided to update the audio driver. The audio just stopped working, I researched the whole internet, tried everything I could find. Nothing worked. The only thing that temporarily fixes it, is uninstalling the driver. After...
  3. Realtek Audio not working and is causing me lots of problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio not working and is causing me lots of problems: Hi there! My audio was working fine until I decided to update the audio driver. The audio just stopped working, I researched the whole internet, tried everything I could find. Nothing worked. The only thing that temporarily fixes it, is uninstalling the driver. After...
  4. Sleep causes hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep causes hibernate: Why does my PC activate hibernate every time it goes to sleep, hibernate is activated after "powercfg /h off"? To clarify, the PC does sleep, not hibernate, it just turns hibernate on and creates hiberfil.sys. Fast startup is also disabled. EDIT: Problem solved, it was a...
  5. Hibernate problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate problem: Hello I got a problem when i put my laptop on hibernate. The problem is when i put my laptop on hibernate and again open my laptop the apps which opened by me before hibernate my laptop will be closed, as if i did switch off to my laptop , and if i leave my laptop open...
  6. Problems with hibernate

Problems with hibernate: I almost only use hibernate when turning off my Windows 10 computer. But often I guess every 10th time when I turn on my computer after hibernate Windows 10 just starts as if I had turned of my computer or made a restart. When it does that all my work has gone. Can I see in...
  7. Hibernation problem

Hibernation problem: I have 2 PCs, both running Windows 10 Home. My older one is a quad-core i7 and the new one is a 6-core i7 Dell XPS. Both desktops have been updated to the latest Windows update stuff but I'm having a hibernation problem on the Dell. When I hibernate my old PC, clicking on...
  8. Windows update causing power problem in hibernate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causing power problem in hibernate: I have a Lenovo Y70-70 that's been running Windows 10 for a few years. Most of the time hibernate works properly (and it's definitely hibernate, not sleep). However, if Windows downloads an update and I delay the restart required, it causes problems during hibernate. About 10...
  9. Hibernation Problem

Hibernation Problem: Using Win 10, computer is set for hibernation however when I go to start/power/hibernate, computer goes to hibernation only to come back on in less than a minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem/0e5b7139-5ff5-4be1-8d74-c48ab6e29377
  10. Lots of problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Lots of problems: I have recently done a clean install of Windows 10 and everything seemed to be fine. However, today I am getting lots of problems. I keep getting little windows popping up saying that an 'update is recommended' for Media Downloader. I am also getting lots of sites opening up...