Windows 10: Hibernation fails in Windows 10.

Discus and support Hibernation fails in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I turn off the PC by hibernation, it seems off, but after a while, it goes up and running alone. What may be failing? My actual version is: 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Enrique, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Enrique Win User

Hibernation fails in Windows 10.

When I turn off the PC by hibernation, it seems off, but after a while, it goes up and running alone. What may be failing?
    My actual version is: 1909 (compilation 18363.535) x64.
    Thanks for your support.

:)

Enrique, Jan 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jan 12, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 fails to resume from hibernation

Hello,

Failing to resume from Hibernate in Windows 10 may be caused by an outdated driver or operating system component or that an application is causing the resume from Hibernate to fail. For us to isolate the issue in failing to resume from Hibernate, kindly
    respond to the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue? If yes, what are they?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your device?
    • Have you checked if Windows 10 is updated? Go to Settings >
      Update & security
      > Check for updates.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Hibernation fails in Windows 10.

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Hibernation fails in Windows 10.

1. Hibernation fails in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Hibernation fails

2. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.: Hi All,From last 5 days I am facing an issue with the system. It doesn't turns on black while turning on from hibernation and after sometime it creates a dump file and then restart itself.based on the windbg analysis of the dump file I get the below analysis:2: kd> !analyze...
  3. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.: Hi All,From last 5 days I am facing an issue with the system. It doesn't turns on black while turning on from hibernation and after sometime it creates a dump file and then restart itself.based on the windbg analysis of the dump file I get the below analysis:2: kd> !analyze...
  4. Hibernate fails to resume with 0xC0000411, Kernel-Boot error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate fails to resume with 0xC0000411, Kernel-Boot error...: As per title. This started sometime in June or July, and persisted across a full windows reinstall and then upgrade to Windows 11. I recently found suggestions to look in the Kernel-Boot event viewer logs, which show the error BL_LOG_ERROR_RES_INVALID_HBBOOT_MEM_MAP, which...
  5. Hibernate fails to resume with 0xC0000411, Kernel-Boot error...

Hibernate fails to resume with 0xC0000411, Kernel-Boot error...: As per title. This started sometime in June or July, and persisted across a full windows reinstall and then upgrade to Windows 11. I recently found suggestions to look in the Kernel-Boot event viewer logs, which show the error BL_LOG_ERROR_RES_INVALID_HBBOOT_MEM_MAP, which...
  6. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001: Hi everyone.I have recently acquired a new computer and I'm encountering a very annoying issue. Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time trying to help.Specs: Windows 11 x64Intel Core i9 13900KCorsair Water Cooling H170i Elite Capellix BlackCorsair Dominator Platinum -...
  7. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001: Hi everyone.I have recently acquired a new computer and I'm encountering a very annoying issue. Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time trying to help.Specs: Windows 11 x64Intel Core i9 13900KCorsair Water Cooling H170i Elite Capellix BlackCorsair Dominator Platinum -...
  8. When hibernate fails to resume, how to make it ask to try again like in previous versions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hibernate fails to resume, how to make it ask to try again like in previous versions...: Hello, I have a question about hibernate. Prior to Windows 10 a failure to resume would cause a text warning to appear, allowing the user to try again or discard the hiberfile. W10 does not show this message and hiberfile is silently discarded. I have lost my work a few times...
  9. When hibernate fails to resume, how to make it ask to try again like in previous versions...

When hibernate fails to resume, how to make it ask to try again like in previous versions...: Hello, I have a question about hibernate. Prior to Windows 10 a failure to resume would cause a text warning to appear, allowing the user to try again or discard the hiberfile. W10 does not show this message and hiberfile is silently discarded. I have lost my work a few times...
  10. When hibernate fails to resume, how to make it ask to try again like in previous versions...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When hibernate fails to resume, how to make it ask to try again like in previous versions...: Hello, I have a question about hibernate. Prior to Windows 10 a failure to resume would cause a text warning to appear, allowing the user to try again or discard the hiberfile. Win10 does not show this message and hiberfile is silently discarded. I have lost my work a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powercfg h off fails