Windows 10: Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...

Discus and support Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After last update v1903, when I put my computer to hibernate or shutdown (with fast startup enabled) and try to power on , the system hang on Dell log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MounirMessaoudi1, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...

After last update v1903, when I put my computer to hibernate or shutdown (with fast startup enabled) and try to power on ,

the system hang on Dell log and not started. I am forced to Shutdown it again (with power off button) and power on to start it.

PS/ When i hibernate Window, a 'Lock screen' apear first then a black screen, the laptop he take a time to shutdown (as normal behavior).

No hiberfile.sys created after reboot but disk space for hibernation stay allocated.

I am not sure if it's an issue or no on v1903 (it's not listed on know issues list)

What I've tried:

• All drivers (BIOS, chipset, graphic card ....) are updated to last version
    • Tried everything. (All troubleshoot Sleep/Hibernate mode problems)

I deleted old version 1803, so cant roll back.

My Specs:

Dell XPS 13 9365 2in1

Windows 10 x64 1903 - Build 18362.239

Any help please.

:)

MounirMessaoudi1, Jul 25, 2019
  2. everettg Win User

hibernate and fast start

I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated:
    • If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled.
    ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled?

everettg, Jul 25, 2019
  3. PJX
    PJX Win User
    Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not
    sure if that means anything.

Under version 1809, I had to disable Fast Startup to get Hibernate to work, but it did work. Under 1903, I can't get hibernate to work.

Thanks,

4. Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...

Hibernating on my XP pro system doesn't work

Can anyone help me please?
    I have just reloaded XP Pro on my system using the same software as before, no new hardware or software has been introduced.

Since doing this the system appears to go through the Hibernation process as it closes, but when I start again by pressing the Power button the system goes through the normal start up, not the quicker hibernate mode.

I have selected Enable Hibernate in the Control Panel>Power options?

Any constructve suggestions out there?

Video Bushy, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or...

1. Hibernation & fast startup not working since 1903 update. System hang after hibernate or... - Similar Threads - Hibernation fast startup

2. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  3. Apps hang after resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps hang after resume from hibernation: Apps that have files open over the network hang after a resume from hibernation, even though the server has been up the whole time. It might even affect apps that simply try to access the network over a connection that no longer exists, including possibly explorer....
  4. Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate after timeout no longer working since V2004 update: My notebook has stopped automatically hibernating after 3 hours like it used to. Seems to be since I updated Win 10 to v2004. "Power Options" has been set to Hibernate after On Battery: 60 minutes Plugged in: 180 minutes What else might I need to do? Thanks. 162232
  5. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.: I recently updated my windows 10 to v2004. But now whenever I try to shutdownwith fast startup enabled or hibernate, the screen goes blank and goes to the lock screen. I don't want to disable fast startup or do force shutdown everytime or reset/refresh my os install I think...
  6. Hibernate problem after update to 1903

Hibernate problem after update to 1903: I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro version 1903 running on a Dell Inspiron with SSD and HDD. Windows runs on the SSD. Ever since the update when I try to put the computer in Sleep (Hibernate) mode, it wakes up a few minutes later with no keystrokes, no mouse activity, and...
  7. Hibernation not working after Windows updates

Hibernation not working after Windows updates: I've been having a problem from time to time with my Dell XPS 8930 that has the Optane memory (probably not the cause). After updating Windows, I sometimes find that when I hibernate the computer, the next time I turn it on, it's as if it had shut down rather than hibernate...
  8. Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.: The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not sure if that means...
  9. hibernate and fast start

hibernate and fast start: I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated: If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled. ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled? 23920
  10. hibernation and fast boot setup

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation and fast boot setup: I'm set up with high performance under power plan and my hibernation isn't working right. I set it up for 2 mins and it went into hibernate, after then hitting a key on the keyboard it started back up in post and shut down completely? Is this supposed to bring you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 fast startup